PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

MBaughan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So what comes after the TP2

If only there was a way to overclock the TP2... and get more ram
Old 06-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinonice4 View Post
Where to start. First off, the touch pro 2 was on back order for awhile on verizon. Don't know if you missed the memo there or what. It took me awhile to get it. Second, the HD2 comes to mind when you say sluggish. The HD2 is pretty slick and fast, I think you can agree. Third, XDA has a ton of apps for windows mobile phones and I don't feel like I am left out at all when looking at android or iphone. If you want goofy, useless apps go for it. But I have never ran into a problem with something I needed to do and couldn't. As for windows 7, I like it and so do many other people. I would hardly say windows 7 "wasn't much better" on the PC.
+1 on this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I have an HD2, when you start loading it up like you do with the tp2, it can get a little buggy, nothing major, but a little
I strongly suggest you consider installing these 3 apps on your HD2
GOOGLE
1)Chainfire-HD2-3D-Driver-Patch-2.0
2)LeoCpuSpeed_v3
3)Gaz Touch Tools - PR1.3_WM6.5

Read the instructions regarding the instalations, all cabs are available at XDA-Developers.

My HD2 is ultra fast on Energy Rom, with these 3 performance tweaks. No lock ups, works like a dream, best WM device ever regardig performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
Actually what comes after TP2 was the HD2 and Sprint sold us out(I dont like Judas). I dont see anything coming until WM7 comes out.
+1, thats why I kept my TP2 and also acquired an HD2 on a Tmobile Data only plan. I love the HD2. I would not trade it for an EVO.

Windows Mobile is not discontinued. but it wont be on high end devices in large markets like North America, Europe, and Asia. Windows Mobile (6.5/6.5.x) is still going strong in the South American market. Development will continue according to senior WM executives in South America and smaller markets.

I doubt We will see a 3rd generation HTC TP2 running Windows Mobile OS (6.5 or 6.5.X). However, Im sure the demand for a large screen/large Keyboard HTC/Windows Mobile device will continue, and eventually we will see some sort of 3rd generation TP2 with WP on it next year. Hold tight its gonna be a while. In the mean time WM power users may have to check out the HD2, its the last of its kind.

Last edited by Improve; 06-16-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
WinMob 7 from what I read so far may turn out to be a disappointment.

That said, as long as there's no hardware issues (knock on wood ) I am happy with my new TP2. Physical k/b comes in handy and the stylus too, and I can use all my apps I've accumulated over the years. And the battery life is much better than I've expected (eat that, Evo )

I call BS on what you read. Live support is SICK and what excites me the most. The new Office is very intuitive. The whole OS is something different from MS and looks like it has a lot of potential in my eyes. They are REQUIRING hardware makers to use 1GHz procs or higher. Them actually putting out a min spec requirement is a good step too take. They've had plenty of time to know what makes the software run smooth. It's also going to have Zune and Bing intergration. Zune is a nice media player and have you seen the new Bing Navigation software?
Old 06-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

blaze9055 is a n00b

It's just been announced that there will be a Touch Pro 3 arriving in Europe this summer and that it might be running Windows Phone 7 by the time it comes to the U.S. No carriers have been announced yet.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
+1 on this post.

I strongly suggest you consider installing these 3 apps on your HD2
GOOGLE
1)Chainfire-HD2-3D-Driver-Patch-2.0
2)LeoCpuSpeed_v3
3)Gaz Touch Tools - PR1.3_WM6.5

Read the instructions regarding the instalations, all cabs are available at XDA-Developers.

My HD2 is ultra fast on Energy Rom, with these 3 performance tweaks. No lock ups, works like a dream, best WM device ever regardig performance.

+1, thats why I kept my TP2 and also acquired an HD2 on a Tmobile Data only plan. I love the HD2. I would not trade it for an EVO.

Windows Mobile is not discontinued. but it wont be on high end devices in large markets like North America, Europe, and Asia. Windows Mobile (6.5/6.5.x) is still going strong in the South American market. Development will continue according to senior WM executives in South America and smaller markets.

I doubt We will see a 3rd generation HTC TP2 running Windows Mobile OS (6.5 or 6.5.X). However, Im sure the demand for a large screen/large Keyboard HTC/Windows Mobile device will continue, and eventually we will see some sort of 3rd generation TP2 with WP on it next year. Hold tight its gonna be a while. In the mean time WM power users may have to check out the HD2, its the last of its kind.
ty, but I sold my hd2, i'm probably going back to blackberry

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

theyouneek1 is a n00b

check out the samsung galaxy...4g capable with full qwerty keyboard still android software though
Old 06-16-2010, 10:06 PM
adam12

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

For me it is the EVO. I will join the dark side sometime thursday.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9779 View Post
Windows devices can probably never compete with the Evo... In order to get a windows phone that can hang feature wise with newer android or apple it would cost too much for the average consumer. It seems like every new windows phone that comes out they drop popular/essential features in the OS and hardware... Windows market/apps will never be up to par, still in 2010 you cannot buy a windows phone that isn't sluggish or has something who makes others envious ... You have never seen a windows phone been sold out or on back-order... Maybe win 7 will be better, i doubt it since it wasn't much better on PC...
TP2 sold out for 3 months on Verizon... I know its already been said, but i figured id reinforce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydowser View Post
i'm not sure how many emails you're sending out daily, but i use my tp2 at work..and i'm SENDING 75-100 emails a day. i would poke my eyes out with the stylus if i had to do all of that without the physical keyboard.
ROFL!!! ...mental image...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
WinMob 7 from what I read so far may turn out to be a disappointment.

That said, as long as there's no hardware issues (knock on wood ) I am happy with my new TP2. Physical k/b comes in handy and the stylus too, and I can use all my apps I've accumulated over the years. And the battery life is much better than I've expected (eat that, Evo )
So far the biggest downside ive seen is the act that all current WM apps will not be able to be used on WP7. That and a couple technical biz aspects not yet ready in the OS. that bein said, no matter what after these wm6 phones, everyone's gonna have to jump to something new. if you're skeptical, i say wait and see what wp7 brings to the table.

my 0.02
Old 06-17-2010, 03:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranidiot View Post
no more htc, somethings always wrong with their phones. im going 2 try samsung & its 4g...nice

I couldn't agree with you more.

HTC has horrid quality control - their LCD's are utter rubbish. I am on my 3rd replacement ... still with "rainbow branding" on my screen.

My next device will be a Samsung. I am in no hurry to get out of my SERO plan anyways.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:37 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBaughan View Post
If only there was a way to overclock the TP2... and get more ram
There is a way to overclock the TP2..no2chem made an overclocker..but it was never fully complete...ram can't help you there...

But TP2 would probably perform better if it had working drivers..

But all things come to an end..so GO SAMSUNG GALAXY S PRO!!!

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2