PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hammerl8 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So what comes after the TP2

TP3 thats whats up
Old 06-16-2010, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

flyinonice4 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9779 View Post
Windows devices can probably never compete with the Evo... In order to get a windows phone that can hang feature wise with newer android or apple it would cost too much for the average consumer. It seems like every new windows phone that comes out they drop popular/essential features in the OS and hardware... Windows market/apps will never be up to par, still in 2010 you cannot buy a windows phone that isn't sluggish or has something who makes others envious ... You have never seen a windows phone been sold out or on back-order... Maybe win 7 will be better, i doubt it since it wasn't much better on PC...
Where to start. First off, the touch pro 2 was on back order for awhile on verizon. Don't know if you missed the memo there or what. It took me awhile to get it. Second, the HD2 comes to mind when you say sluggish. The HD2 is pretty slick and fast, I think you can agree. Third, XDA has a ton of apps for windows mobile phones and I don't feel like I am left out at all when looking at android or iphone. If you want goofy, useless apps go for it. But I have never ran into a problem with something I needed to do and couldn't. As for windows 7, I like it and so do many other people. I would hardly say windows 7 "wasn't much better" on the PC.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinonice4 View Post
Where to start. First off, the touch pro 2 was on back order for awhile on verizon. Don't know if you missed the memo there or what. It took me awhile to get it. Second, the HD2 comes to mind when you say sluggish. The HD2 is pretty slick and fast, I think you can agree. Third, XDA has a ton of apps for windows mobile phones and I don't feel like I am left out at all when looking at android or iphone. If you want goofy, useless apps go for it. But I have never ran into a problem with something I needed to do and couldn't. As for windows 7, I like it and so do many other people. I would hardly say windows 7 "wasn't much better" on the PC.
I have an HD2, when you start loading it up like you do with the tp2, it can get a little buggy, nothing major, but a little

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 06-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Heard of a Samsung Galaxy S Pro coming to sprint. Basically an evo with a physical keyboard and a sexy AMOLED screen. Details are scarce, but looks nice.

Also, WinMo is dead, so nothing will be replacing the TP2 in that regard.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

interesting topic... ive had a apache, mogul, tp1 and now tp2 on sero... so when the next windows phone with a slide out keyboard comes along i will be all over it!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC
Carrier: sprint

uranidiot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post
Heard of a Samsung Galaxy S Pro coming to sprint. Basically an evo with a physical keyboard and a sexy AMOLED screen. Details are scarce, but looks nice.

no more htc, somethings always wrong with their phones. im going 2 try samsung & its 4g...nice

Old 06-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin9779 View Post
Windows devices can probably never compete with the Evo... In order to get a windows phone that can hang feature wise with newer android or apple it would cost too much for the average consumer. It seems like every new windows phone that comes out they drop popular/essential features in the OS and hardware... Windows market/apps will never be up to par, still in 2010 you cannot buy a windows phone that isn't sluggish or has something who makes others envious ... You have never seen a windows phone been sold out or on back-order... Maybe win 7 will be better, i doubt it since it wasn't much better on PC...
are you like a closet apple fan boy??? That would explain the whole 3 posts. Pretty sure the TP2 on release did pretty good.
What are your gripes with Windows 7? By far the best OS since windows 98 in my opinion. Learning new things every day that it can do.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muyoso View Post

It's not even close to a 4.3in screen so how is it an evo? that would be like saying the tp2 is an hd2 with a keyboard just because they have the same OS.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm personally hoping the HTC_GOLD is the TP3 w/ WinMo 7.

http://www.htcphones.net/htc-gold-ht...e-wp7-devices/
Old 06-16-2010, 12:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: verizon tp2
Carrier: verizon

jaydowser is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I used to say I loved the physical keyboard on my TP, but since having my TP2, I rarely use it. The screen is big enough to make it easy. With the EVO screen being even bigger, I say I wouldn't miss the keyboard. Especially with SIPs like Swype and the like.

I gotta agree, for this month anyway, EVO is next in line.
i'm not sure how many emails you're sending out daily, but i use my tp2 at work..and i'm SENDING 75-100 emails a day. i would poke my eyes out with the stylus if i had to do all of that without the physical keyboard.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2