PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

let me get on my pc....I think the new airave might do both...I think lol.

edit: no, just improves calls in a building.

Last edited by Dr.8820; 06-02-2010 at 01:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: purchasing new TP2 from Sprint(US) - any serial/revision to look for on phone or

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancomycin View Post
Thanks Dr. - I did as you said, and it did update to 60665 ; confirmed through ##778#.

It apparently turned off the cellular radio on here, and I just tuned off the phone, pulled battery out and then the opposite.

With the 60655 PRL update ; no noticeable changes between the EV-1X switching here and 0-1bars with straight switch to 1x on placing outgoing calls. Was this a hit or miss workaround/solution for some people?
Voice calls are handled on 1x, thats normal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: purchasing new TP2 from Sprint(US) - any serial/revision to look for on phone or

Unless you are just unlucky to be in bad signal coverage area for 3G so it keeps switching back to 1x. If navigation has been good around town, it could be a little black hole in their tower coverage that you are unfortunately in.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Cool thanks y'all -

Sprint is doing 2 things for me atm :

1. Told me that I need to get a new replacement TP2 since they noticed several device related dropped calls from tower-device (whatever that means? )
2. Sending me an airave with waived monthly and unit fees - so hoping that will be good.

The EV stays on longer than before - not sure if the profile update had helped for that. Nonetheless, I can connect to my home Wi-Fi via WPA2-PSK.

Does Wi-Fi (when selected) and data stay on simultaneously? I did notice that certain sprint services (i.e. SprintTV) didn't run if I had Wi-Fi enabled -

I'm really loving this device - as my first smartphone and let alone camera phone to add = this was the perfect upgrade So I've got much of the basics to learn prior to diving into any of the cool topics going on here...

I didn't know that when placing voice calls the "EV" switches to 1x - so good to know!

* 2 other thing:

> was there a quicker way to switch between programs? so far I've been just going to my task manager shortcut and tapping the program there or killing it otherwise.

Does the "data slider" (apart from other options from within the data menu) within comm manager need to be enabled to on if I'm not using Wi-Fi?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2