PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf
Re: purchasing new TP2 from Sprint(US) - any serial/revision to look for on phone or

oh im sure there will be alot of us stayin on wm os. but i have seen alot of our reg tp2 guys/girls on the darkside !! i could safely say im either getting rid of either tp or tp2. but def not letting go of both !
Old 06-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: purchasing new TP2 from Sprint(US) - any serial/revision to look for on phone or

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
oh im sure there will be alot of us stayin on wm os. but i have seen alot of our reg tp2 guys/girls on the darkside !! i could safely say im either getting rid of either tp or tp2. but def not letting go of both !
i know what you mean, i just know some folks here. they talked trash about winmo and the tp2 because a new, shiny toy is coming...they'll be the 1st complaining about their shiny, new toy.... just watch!
Old 06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

u knw thats rite !! lmao. bad part is ill prob be one of them !!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

I think that more than you think are making the move to Android. I stayed commited to WinMo for far too long and I boasted about how great it was vs. all the iPhone users I knew of. But when it came right down to it, in side-by-side, I experienced more technical difficulties than all the iPhone users. Don't get me wrong, I would never own an iPhone... because I think they are still too limiting and controlling. But, WinMo never paid attention to the fact that the user experience was important even if it meant giving up on some features. Android is the gap filler. It gives you the best of both... and I will finally be able to prove that to all the iPhone fanboys I work with once I get my EVO! Sorry, I don't think WinMo 7 is gonna beat Android... and again, this is coming from a WinMo fanboy of 4 years.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

too many advantages for me as a winmo user...not a fanboy at all, just like things to work. of course you have to hack these things to death, but what's the difference of being rooted? i have yet to see less than 90% of this community that hasn't rooted their android device because ecclair (2.1) wasn't doing it for them. here's something simple; we have a cannon camera which includes desktop software to upload your pictures to the pc. after doing that, i can sync either my tp2 or hd2 and instantly download the pics via wmp, can't do that with android! my wife has a samsung moment, i know!
Old 06-02-2010, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - SharkieROM 6.5.X v5.1
Threadstarter

vancomycin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hey y'all again - thanks for the information. I got my TP2 finally today from Sprint - although I'm disappointed with my reception not only outside my apartment but within - the place where I hope to use the phone the most

I did a quick ##778# on the HTC TP2 and here was the info :
Preloaded with Windows Mobile 6.5
PRL ID : 60663
Software Version 2.04.651.4
Firmware Version 2.32.00WF
Hardware Version 0004
Refurbishment Date/Status : N/A
Manufacturers Date 17-APR-2010
Original Activation Date : 1-JUNE-2010

I called Sprint today hoping for some trouble shooting... they said the phone might be bad, and that I should return it for a new one. The bars near my area kept dropping before I even ended up getting inside.

It stays around 0-1 bar and switches from EV > 1X repeatedly, and most definitely stays at 1X when placing a call. This wasn't the case on the highway, and sprint navigation seemed to be working great.

Any ideas on what I might be able to do? I don't think the airave is out with 3G and Voice simultaneous support right?

I saw some talks here about the PRL - and how some have changed theirs to 60064, but it appears that it's not something that everyone does without some background working knowledge eh? I am very new to the game as I just got this phone and am new to Windows Mobile. I wanted to learn just the basics of using the phone 1st before diving right in - was there anything I or sprint can do to prevent this EV-1x and signal switching? Might be a silly question, but venting out a bit here. I just signed in for a 2 year contract and sucks that I might have to leave them if things don't work out...
Old 06-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Account Disabled

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

go to start-settings-system.scroll to the bottom and update prl is there.that will update you to 60665.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks Dr. - I did as you said, and it did update to 60665 ; confirmed through ##778#.

It apparently turned off the cellular radio on here, and I just tuned off the phone, pulled battery out and then the opposite.

With the 60655 PRL update ; no noticeable changes between the EV-1X switching here and 0-1bars with straight switch to 1x on placing outgoing calls. Was this a hit or miss workaround/solution for some people?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Account Disabled

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

sometimes yes. I'm in a different mode so I can't see if you're in the states, if so call sprint and see about an airave.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes Dr. I'm going to see about this as an option as I am in the states - but I could of sworn there was a new airave or similar that claims to do both voice and data 3g - but it appears the airave everyone has only does voice unless mistaken.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2