PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 10:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

browning is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint and HTC GPS

No ID10T error, thank you... Yes, most recent ROM through refurb and reflashed to ensure everything was ok
Old 05-15-2010, 10:22 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

yes, latest. not new to this game
Old 05-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

you don't think maybe you got a bad refurb do you???
sounds like you'll have to exchange again if you can't get a gps lock in sprint nav, google maps or bing.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:11 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I don't doubt it is a bad device. I can tell the vibrate isn't nearly as strong as the original. Gotta love replacements..
Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

bionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by browning View Post
I don't care about the Sprint navigation. I want GPS to work with my iGuidance or Google Maps. It does neither...
browning i don't know if this will work for you but i did this once and it worked
i tried to load google maps and it wouldnt sync the maps or the gps so i went to the wireless controls and turned off all the functions and then turned on phone, data connection and it started working again
Old 05-27-2010, 03:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

I would definitely get the thing replaced. My TP2 GPS works great even without any assistance from quickgps or cell tower. It got at least 6-7 sat locked just standing next to the window. Moving back more to the middle of my room about 10 ft from window it still maintains steady lock on at least 6 sats. All of this without updated quickgps data or cell signal (phone part is turned off for testing purpose)...

Of course it's possible that at my location I am getting good sat signal. but if you already tried it at several different outdoor location and it's not improved definitively, I wouldn't be surprised something screwy is going on, esp since yours is refurb

Also I would check to see when your TP2 date of manufacture is. My TP2 built date is April 2010. If it's real early built, that's always a possibility that it was a bug. I have a TP1 with a GPS that cant ever maintain a steady lock on sats even after it acquires the sats. I got that TP right when it came out in Nov 08. Do i know for sure the problem might be due to earlier built? not 100% since I don't have a much later built TP1, but it's very possible.

Last edited by wildpig; 05-27-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I find in Google or Bing that setting the GPS to use COM 4 instead of letting Windows manage it usually gives better results.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2