PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache Mogul Vogue TP TP2 EVO4G
Carrier: Cricket $30 unlimited with Data 80KB down 120K up

morbidj is keeping up the good workmorbidj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Just a suggestion for those having issues finding their max speed. Typing with the keyboard seems to be one of the most strenious things you can do on the TP2, so if you're testing for max overclock, try sliding the keyboard out and typing a text message. It doesn't matter what you type, just that your hitting keys. Mine lock up at 474, but at 729, she'll run through and shows me she's stable there. Even running everything else all day my handset was fine, but typing would lock it up. Quick way of testing for those that don't know.

Oh, and I agree. Things really need to get a little more organized. I walked away for a week and now I have no idea what the heck is going on. Not uncommon for me though.

Nice tip buddy.. I also noticed this, how ever I wasnt thinking to share the info.. Thanks
Old 08-20-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jcable2 is keeping up the good workjcable2 is keeping up the good work

i am using oct 1.5 and have been running at 748.8, this is the best i have gotten it to work at and not freeze, has anybody gotten it to work any higher? my phone runs like a whole different phone now. Everything works faster even tethering seems to be running faster.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcable2 View Post
i am using oct 1.5 and have been running at 748.8, this is the best i have gotten it to work at and not freeze, has anybody gotten it to work any higher? my phone runs like a whole different phone now. Everything works faster even tethering seems to be running faster.
I've been running at 710. I tried 748, but in my opinion i lost RAM, and my battery depleted faster. I'm running OCT 1.5 with NRG's MaxSense Rom. Without overclocking i show 25% RAM available, but with overclock at 748 i drop to 15%, and it seems to leak faster. At 710 i dont see a noticable change in RAM or battery, and it still feels like a whole new phone. I'm looking forward to further improvements.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

Using WM6.5/2.5
OC using netripper/Auto4.21
Polling 700ms

Getting 806 without lockup or freezing. Even the SOD I had before OC'ing is gone! Battery life has increase markedly since I upgraded to WM6.5. I can not only get through a day, but last night I forgot to plug-in the phone and it still had half a charge this morning!

Really adding to the life of this 1yr old device. I no longer have any desire to see "what's next" because, unless WM7 just kicks major a$$, there is just no more I could ask for. Oh yeah... true Flash capability... I still want that.
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)
Old 08-20-2010, 09:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

chuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchuggy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt39 View Post
Using WM6.5/2.5
Polling 700ms

Getting 806 without lockup or freezing. Even the SOD I had before OC'ing is gone! Battery life has increase markedly since I upgraded to WM6.5. I can not only get through a day, but last night I forgot to plug-in the phone and it still had half a charge this morning!

Really adding to the life of this 1yr old device. I no longer have any desire to see "what's next" because, unless WM7 just kicks major a$$, there is just no more I could ask for. Oh yeah... true Flash capability... I still want that.
wow. Life is good. I might try your settings. what Rom are you using?
Old 08-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ROM: Stock Sprint WM6.5
OC Tool: OTC_V-1.5

Settings:
# of steps = 0
load max = 30
load min = 15
jump max = 50
jump min = 3

I am able to run @ 787.2 with no freezes or SOD I can get up to 806.4, but manilla and opera crash over and over, and I eventually lock up

LOVE the fact that I can turn it off from the GUI and boot to Android at any time vs having to set the safe mode time and reboot using Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v1.0.6.0 - Storage Card to boot to Android on startup

Those of you getting stable 806.4 using this OC method, what settings are you using?
Old 08-21-2010, 02:07 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
ROM: Stock Sprint WM6.5
OC Tool: OTC_V-1.5

Settings:
# of steps = 0
load max = 30
load min = 15
jump max = 50
jump min = 3

I am able to run @ 787.2 with no freezes or SOD I can get up to 806.4, but manilla and opera crash over and over, and I eventually lock up

LOVE the fact that I can turn it off from the GUI and boot to Android at any time vs having to set the safe mode time and reboot using Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v1.0.6.0 - Storage Card to boot to Android on startup

Those of you getting stable 806.4 using this OC method, what settings are you using?
battery life must suck huh?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I'm curretly running max speed at 787.2 with all other settings original.
I used the OCT_V1.5 tool.
Seems very stable but I'm still testing.
I'm kinda chicken to OC more than 50% over stock.
Old 08-21-2010, 04:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt39 View Post
Using WM6.5/2.5
Polling 700ms

Getting 806 without lockup or freezing. Even the SOD I had before OC'ing is gone! Battery life has increase markedly since I upgraded to WM6.5. I can not only get through a day, but last night I forgot to plug-in the phone and it still had half a charge this morning!..
U R lucky I would not change anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
battery life must suck huh?
Actualy, battery life best with Netripper Msm with script.
Second was with "setCpuSpeed" cab.

Worst battery for me was using OCT 1.5 cab
Dynamic or not.

I think it is because the OCT app keeps calculating and controlling device in sleep,
wheras the netripp app only overclock when unit it on.

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-21-2010 at 04:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggy View Post
wow. Life is good. I might try your settings. what Rom are you using?
See sig...

Stock Verizon MR2, never unlocked. I have experienced the memory leak from Sense 2.5, but I never went below approx 50M free. Finally turned Sense off yesterday and now I have approx 83M free. Didn't plug in again last night and still have 3 "bars" of battery left this morning!

Last edited by Tybalt39; 08-23-2010 at 12:15 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2