PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: USCC No Voice Service, No Data, & No MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
you need to get your msl from uscc. (master subsidy lock code) when u program you enter ##aaaaaa# (a stands for the six digit msl) then on programming screen edit msid and mdn when finished click done and phone will reboot. i think the fact that you use the 000000 method is the issue. save the msl for future use, in case you ever need to hard reset from the dial pad. as long as you dont get a different phone your msl will stay the same.
msl for all htc phones, but sprint, is 000000. so, that's not the issue.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

every esn has its own msl...if you dont program you phone correctly you could experience this issue. have sprint now had uscc before and regardless had an msl that was not all zeros.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:31 AM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u

Quote:
every esn has its own msl...if you dont program you phone correctly you could experience this issue. have sprint now had uscc before and regardless had an msl that was not all zeros.

I will try it...what do I have to lose? I hope it works. Thanks!

Old 04-10-2010, 02:12 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
well damn...i could have sworn uscc used 000000 msl just like all other cdma carriers, except sprint. I've primarily worked with verizon and alltel and cricket and metropcs phones and they use 000000. if uscc does have unique msl codes like sprint, then sprintgirl is right in thinkin thats you're problem. i wonder then how the heck you're phones msl was changed to 000000, since it is letting you access epst using that. hmmm. did you get the phone used or brand new?

Last edited by razorloves; 04-10-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:23 AM
I break things, for fun.
Threadstarter

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
well damn...i could have sworn uscc used 000000 msl just like all other cdma carriers, except sprint. I've primarily worked with verizon and alltel and cricket and metropcs phones and they use 000000. if uscc does have unique msl codes like sprint, then sprintgirl is right in thinkin thats you're problem. i wonder then how the heck you're phones msl was changed to 000000, since it is letting you access epst using that. hmmm. did you get the phone used or brand new?

I read in other places that once you flash the EPST pass is 000000. So that is what I have been using, because I did not know the code that was used when the agent set it up. I read other places that the agent sets it up for you, but doesn't give it to you. I may have been dumb and falshed to USCC 2.18wv radio and that is what reset the, I have no clue what MSL means, but reset the msl to 000000.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:51 AM
I break things, for fun.
Threadstarter

Ok, so i don't know if this matters, but my life counter since I noticed this happening has not gone past 25 hours 31 mins and whatever seconds.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

Quote:
you need to get your msl from uscc. (master subsidy lock code) when u program you enter ##aaaaaa# (a stands for the six digit msl) then on programming screen edit msid and mdn when finished click done and phone will reboot. i think the fact that you use the 000000 method is the issue. save the msl for future use, in case you ever need to hard reset from the dial pad. as long as you dont get a different phone your msl will stay the same.
see quote for what msl means... i give all my customers a print out of their programming...just in case they ever want to do some crazy sh*t to their phone. but you can call tech support and say "yeah...uh...i need my msl so i can program my phone...somehow it got unprogrammed and says activation required" they will say "okay i can look up that information for you, what is your phone number?"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dak408 is a n00b

Ok... I don't think I am that much of a noob but what is the MSL and where is it? I am unsure if it's this is the problem. For instance if I flash to an NRG ROM and have messed up data I can flash straight to a Mighty rom and have no problem. USCC is really pissin me off lately as my texts are coming in showing central time and going out in eastern. Really messes threaded texting up!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak408 View Post
Ok... I don't think I am that much of a noob but what is the MSL and where is it? I am unsure if it's this is the problem. For instance if I flash to an NRG ROM and have messed up data I can flash straight to a Mighty rom and have no problem. USCC is really pissin me off lately as my texts are coming in showing central time and going out in eastern. Really messes threaded texting up!
just make this regedit and it will fix your text problem

HKLM\Software\OEM\SMS
RecvTimeStamp
DWORD Data = 1

Last edited by razorloves; 04-11-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I break things, for fun.
Threadstarter

Actually, I like to use Mighty Mike's USCC provisioning cab, works everytime on all the many roms I used and MMS works right away with it.

Any rom that asks you to provision either cancel out of the screen or provision and then restart and run the provisioning cab and are set to go.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MightyROM_USCell.cab (296.4 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2