PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I break things, for fun.
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to dapbmonkey4u
Re: USCC No Voice Service, No Data, & No MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123sit View Post
Just out of curiosity which ROMs are you using or have you used?
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I assume you have a USCC provisioning that you use?
If not, let me know.
As this started to happen:

MR Official M2.5
XpressDusk all versions
Bignadad's Beta MaxManila all versions
Purple Haze - Timberwolf
Energy Rom MaxManila and GTX
Just about all teh newest released roms, even flashing back to stock I get this!

I use MightyMike's USCC provisioning cab from MR. I use it, but like XpressDusk I don't need to and it still happens. I don't believe that is the cause.

I don't think it has anything to do with provisioning. I just flashed back to XpressDusk 6.5x and used my SPB backup that was backed up when all data and voice was working great and EPST lost the MSID and MDN. it changes it to 0000003534 for both MSID and and MDN. That number is not even close to the actual MSID and MDN.

BTW my MSID is not my MDN.

This is a once in awhile thing that has not happened on these roms I listed as well. I recently stopped using Task29 and began flashing to stock and clearing the device and flashing to the custom rom. This loss of MSID and MDN started before using task29.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

I was just curious because I myself am a USC customer and use Medium Hills rom and haven't had the issue you describe. I also used to get the 777 issue with othr roms, but not with the MH roms. Just a thought maybe give it a try and see how it goes. Yet if it happens on the stock rom def may be some underlying phone issue not related to the rom.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
As this started to happen:

MR Official M2.5
XpressDusk all versions
Bignadad's Beta MaxManila all versions
Purple Haze - Timberwolf
Energy Rom MaxManila and GTX
Just about all teh newest released roms, even flashing back to stock I get this!

I use MightyMike's USCC provisioning cab from MR. I use it, but like XpressDusk I don't need to and it still happens. I don't believe that is the cause.

I don't think it has anything to do with provisioning. I just flashed back to XpressDusk 6.5x and used my SPB backup that was backed up when all data and voice was working great and EPST lost the MSID and MDN. it changes it to 0000003534 for both MSID and and MDN. That number is not even close to the actual MSID and MDN.

BTW my MSID is not my MDN.

This is a once in awhile thing that has not happened on these roms I listed as well. I recently stopped using Task29 and began flashing to stock and clearing the device and flashing to the custom rom. This loss of MSID and MDN started before using task29.

have you tried dialing *228 once you provisioned your phone? that may make it stick. it registers you on the network as well as update your PRL list and the like. give that a shot. im sure you have, but just a suggestion. if it changes your unlock code, send me a message and ill look it up for you.

Current Rom: MR.X 2.5 21903 + CHT 1.8.5
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:41 PM
I break things, for fun.
Threadstarter

dapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdapbmonkey4u is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuddy View Post
have you tried dialing *228 once you provisioned your phone? that may make it stick. it registers you on the network as well as update your PRL list and the like. give that a shot. im sure you have, but just a suggestion. if it changes your unlock code, send me a message and ill look it up for you.

I will give the PRL update now and then flash and see if it happens again. Thanks for the idea...just to let you know if I flash and it happens the I can not connect to the network, just some Americas Roaming Network to make a collect call.

I have used Medium Hill, and you are right that I did not have that issue with it.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

went back and hit the thanks button on the people tryin to help dapb out. it's what makes this forum the best one out there. hope you find a resolution soon dapb
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

dak408 is a n00b

Yea.... I have not got an NRG rom to work correctly with data since I got the TP2. I have been using the 218 Mighty Rom all week and it works fine. I installed the imnuts USC arcsoft cab on the NRG's and it helped but I cannot get it to work right, kinda gave up. The NRG provisioning cab does not work right. So frustrating.....
Old 04-09-2010, 10:26 PM
I break things, for fun.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
went back and hit the thanks button on the people tryin to help dapb out. it's what makes this forum the best one out there. hope you find a resolution soon dapb

Just read your post from earlier today, Thanks for the definition of NVM.

No, flashing back to stock doesn't prevent it.

I wonder if their is a way to test the NVM?

Is that a HTC hardware issue, as i would be able to turn it in under the manufacturer's warranty?
Old 04-09-2010, 11:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u View Post
Just read your post from earlier today, Thanks for the definition of NVM.

No, flashing back to stock doesn't prevent it.

I wonder if their is a way to test the NVM?

Is that a HTC hardware issue, as i would be able to turn it in under the manufacturer's warranty?
you're welcome.
i've only heard of the nvm getting messed up from people using qpst and messing around with stuff they shouldn't be. dont know of anyway of testing it. have you tried doing a ##RTN#? Not sure if you can do it on the tp2, but you could on previous htc phones. It resets the epst and does a hard reset on the phone.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-09-2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:48 PM
I break things, for fun.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
you're welcome.
i've only heard of the nvm getting messed up from people using qpst and messing around with stuff they shouldn't be. dont know of anyway of testing it. have you tried doing a ##RTN#? Not sure if you can do it on the tp2, but you could on previous htc phones. It resets the epst and does a hard reset on the phone.

I did NOT mess with qpst.

I did try the ##RTN# and it restarted the phone, but no HR and did not reset the EPST.

Thanks, at least we are marking stuff off. I know Sesser has had the same incident occur.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex
Carrier: Sprint

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

you need to get your msl from uscc. (master subsidy lock code) when u program you enter ##aaaaaa# (a stands for the six digit msl) then on programming screen edit msid and mdn when finished click done and phone will reboot. i think the fact that you use the 000000 method is the issue. save the msl for future use, in case you ever need to hard reset from the dial pad. as long as you dont get a different phone your msl will stay the same.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2