PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Task29...a explanation.

I think this should be a sticky.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

MHatter569 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Verizon = volume down +end key from phone off to get to bootloader...
Thanks, but as I said I tried that... all I can get is the Black screen that says "Touch Pro 2" in white.

Again:
Volume Down + Top "Power Button" = Nothing
Volume Down + End/Power Button = "Touch Pro 2"
Volume Down + Send + End Buttons = "Touch Pro 2"

Power Button only = "Touch Pro 2"

When plugged into AC Mains or USB
Any Buttons including Power = Nothing
Old 05-03-2010, 12:07 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHatter569 View Post
Thanks, but as I said I tried that... all I can get is the Black screen that says "Touch Pro 2" in white.

Again:
Volume Down + Top "Power Button" = Nothing
Volume Down + End/Power Button = "Touch Pro 2"
Volume Down + Send + End Buttons = "Touch Pro 2"

Power Button only = "Touch Pro 2"

When plugged into AC Mains or USB
Any Buttons including Power = Nothing
Your no holding them long enough - not together..

try like this. Unplug phone from wall. take battery out. phone is now completely powered down. place battery in. phone is still powered down. press and hold volume down. then, whole still holding volume down, press and hold end key.
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:29 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

can verizon users not use the reset button under the cover? that's how I do it, while holding the vol down button, press in the red reset button with the stylus.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:43 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
can verizon users not use the reset button under the cover? that's how I do it, while holding the vol down button, press in the red reset button with the stylus.
I that works, great! I am on sprint so I dunno if that works for big V
Old 05-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

navrec1 is a n00b

Thanks SO informative
Old 05-31-2010, 12:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (MR FF 050110)
Carrier: Big Red Z

Dai uy B is becoming a great contributor

Great post, Mordy -- I have lots of instant karma! And thx to Ziggy, too.
Since I just ran it, I have a few suggestions for the first post that would make it a little more understandable for newbies like me...
1. How about step-by-step instructions? Eg, "Download the exe file to your computer from here, then connect your phone to your computer and make an activesync/wmc (whatever it is in Vista) connection, then run the exe file and follow the instructions." Be sure to point out that phone should not be in bootloader mode (if so, it won't connect to activesync), since there is a lot of discussion of bootloader in this thread. Unless using bootloader is an alternative to an activesync connection?

2. How about warning people that some instructions in the program (it is a RUU program?) are not/cannot be followed exactly. For instance, the RUU (Ziggy's version anyway) asks if you have read the readme file. However, Ziggy's does not include a readme file, so that does not compute, and if you click on the button to view the readme, an error msg results.

OK, that's my 2 cents.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

Seriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Karma.....lol

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai uy B View Post
Great post, Mordy -- I have lots of instant karma! And thx to Ziggy, too.
Since I just ran it, I have a few suggestions for the first post that would make it a little more understandable for newbies like me...
1. How about step-by-step instructions? Eg, "Download the exe file to your computer from here, then connect your phone to your computer and make an activesync/wmc (whatever it is in Vista) connection, then run the exe file and follow the instructions." Be sure to point out that phone should not be in bootloader mode (if so, it won't connect to activesync), since there is a lot of discussion of bootloader in this thread. Unless using bootloader is an alternative to an activesync connection?

2. How about warning people that some instructions in the program (it is a RUU program?) are not/cannot be followed exactly. For instance, the RUU (Ziggy's version anyway) asks if you have read the readme file. However, Ziggy's does not include a readme file, so that does not compute, and if you click on the button to view the readme, an error msg results.

OK, that's my 2 cents.
Ok, i will try to incorporate those steps into it...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:01 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Ok, I have seen a few questions around the forums asking about Task29, so with this post I hope to answer all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I think this should be a sticky.
Awesome thread Mordy! I am with Wesley...this should be a sticky!
Thanks given!

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
*228 is a verizon thing. what rom did you flash, and did you provision it for sprint? most custom roms that arent carrier specific need to be set up for a certain network.
I believe that *228 OTA's for all carriers.

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
task29