View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 01:14 PM
MordyT
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Threadstarter

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Task29...a explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai uy B View Post
Great post, Mordy -- I have lots of instant karma! And thx to Ziggy, too.
Since I just ran it, I have a few suggestions for the first post that would make it a little more understandable for newbies like me...
1. How about step-by-step instructions? Eg, "Download the exe file to your computer from here, then connect your phone to your computer and make an activesync/wmc (whatever it is in Vista) connection, then run the exe file and follow the instructions." Be sure to point out that phone should not be in bootloader mode (if so, it won't connect to activesync), since there is a lot of discussion of bootloader in this thread. Unless using bootloader is an alternative to an activesync connection?

2. How about warning people that some instructions in the program (it is a RUU program?) are not/cannot be followed exactly. For instance, the RUU (Ziggy's version anyway) asks if you have read the readme file. However, Ziggy's does not include a readme file, so that does not compute, and if you click on the button to view the readme, an error msg results.

OK, that's my 2 cents.
Ok, i will try to incorporate those steps into it...
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.