PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 03:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why do people like using Swype? It seems more complicated than useful.

Sometimes my finger gets in the way but so far the app is cool.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 04-01-2010, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Oh yeah, and I could not get the gestures bs to work correctly. That's another thing I forgot about. Just like the built-in gesture function, I had big trouble getting it to work. I swyped in that direction or that pattern and it did not type out that character.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!
Carrier: Verizon

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

back when i had my omnia i loved using the swype keyboard i was able to add lots of swears and other words i used in my everyday conversation lol and it made responding to texts fast and easy with only using one hand. that being said i never use it on my TP2 becuase it has a hardware keyboard now and i dont have much need or use for it but it was deffinatley a good app in my opinion
Old 04-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

never used it, and don't cook into my ROM because of all the problems people talk about on here.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

I personally felt that it was a great app. After i got used to it I was typing messages very quick. the ony reason I dont use it anymore is that it didnt work when i hit "new text message". When i typed in the first 2 or 3 letters of name it didnt access my address book. I actually had to type in the phone number... Who knows the phone numbers in their contact list lol... If anyone knows a fix for this i would gladly go back to swype
Old 04-01-2010, 07:12 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

It's Awesome! One of the first apps I install after a Rom flash( used to be touchpal,) in fact I just got a new TP2 from assurion yesterday and had to go searching for the swype .cab.
You don't have to click on the word after you spell it, just spell the next word and it automatically puts a space. I don't see how having to spell a word once is a big problem, since it remembers it after the first time. I haven't even opened the keyboard on the new TP2 since I got it yesterday.
I showed my brother how to install the Android version for his Hero and he Can't believe how great it works. I challenged a friend who swears by hard keyboards and he said there is no way I can type faster than him using swype on my Touch Pro2. Guess what, I did! To each his own I guess.

Edit: I hadn't heard of the Record, but your right, google "Swype Set New Guinness World Record "

here's the version I put on my TP2 Yesterday that is working flawlessly.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Swype (one80oneday).cab (1.48 MB, 133 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by gullzway; 04-01-2010 at 07:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:31 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I've tried it twice & didn't like it either. It seemed more complicated & slow than useful, IMO.
I totally agree.

I have swype in my system (it came in my NRG ROM). I tried it out for a week or so & never really liked it at all.

I use TouchPal 3.5 for my on-screen KB & like it better in every way.

I can type insanely fast using TouchPal & their T+ technology.

~John
Old 04-01-2010, 07:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
never used it, and don't cook into my ROM because of all the problems people talk about on here.
I used it cooked in, never tried the cabbed version. I use it A LOT and daily. I have never had any problems at all, it's a wonderful app and can't wait to use it on a 4.3" screen when EVO comes out
Old 04-01-2010, 07:42 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I challenged a friend who swears by hard keyboards and he said there is no way I can type faster than him using swype on my Touch Pro2. Guess what, I did! .
it's funny you would say that, I have stated many times on this board how somebody who learns all the ins/outs of TouchPal 3.5 (I hate what they did to 4.0) will almost always beat another user using a hardware KB hands down.

I almost NEVER use the hardware KB in my TP2 (although I'm still glad it's there occasionally)

~John
Old 04-01-2010, 08:09 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
Sometimes my finger gets in the way but so far the app is cool.
That's part of what I didn't like about it.

How does your finger EVER NOT get in the way (or are you guys using the stylus with swype??).

Between my finger always blocking the view of the KB & trying to remember where all the keys are, it just seemed terribly inefficient....

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I can't imagine what it would be. If anyone has any suggestions I can still try it again, it is part of my ROM so it's still sitting there unused.....

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2