PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: bad enough new opera sux i.m.o. but . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post

is opera mini 5.0.3521 not always friendly with m.ppcgeeks ? i jus installed it & i cant frikkan reply to this thread & this is my 6th time trying.
Yea, this latest version does seem to have problems like that with certain sites. The earlier Java versions did not seem to do this....

I was trying to input a user name/PW on Joopz.com (a free web texting site) I use this site quite a bit, but I can't sign into it at all with opera mini 5.0.3521. That site works fine with opera mini 5.0.16823.

I would go back to OM 4.2 (one of my all time favorite browsers) except for the problem where half the time it refused to load links I clicked on. It would just keep reloading the current page instead of opening the link & this drove me nuts.

~John
Old 04-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

would u happen to have a cab for mini 5.0.16823 ? i tried google but keep on coming across bullsh!t sites that send me from 1 page to another
Old 04-08-2010, 07:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post

would u happen to have a cab for mini 5.0.16823 ? i tried google but keep on coming across bullsh!t sites that send me from 1 page to another
I'm sure I have it saved & I'll have to find it for you (if someone else doesn't beat me to it)

I have so many versions of Opera saved I need to go through them & figure out which is which.

I attached an awesome fully tweaked (with on-screen slider zoom) version of Opera 9.5 that NFSFAN made for his ROMs thatI have been using since the TP days you may want to try...

~John
Attached Files
File Type: cab Opera_9.5_Build_16643_VGA[1].cab (4.23 MB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

thanks ill give it a try
Old 04-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

thanks again .. it seems ok so far but havent really had a chance to play around much. to have it show in task manager is it the same edit as in the sticky for tp2 tweaks(6.1) ?

edit-nevermind now its there. weird. this phone is so glitchy idk anymore

Last edited by dumpringz; 04-08-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en))

this is very much like the one that came with 6.1 & i like it, but there is a few times where clicking a link dont do anything & it forces me to close out the tab & reload a new one ....... also just hangs up but i dont wanna complain to much as i prefer it over what came with the 6.5 upgrade as of now

Last edited by dumpringz; 04-08-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc incredible
Carrier: big red

quest7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
I have never liked Opera 9.7 so i use this version of opera 9.5 it isnt what came with stock 6.1 but it works great for me,try it out.
HEY THANKS!!! this cab is sweet. the one thing that upset me about tp2 was ie. It was too slow and lagged.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2