PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

every link i click the new page loads up slightly, fails & then i get a white & red page saying "xml parsing failed" ... this happened now & again with this version of opera that came with 6.5 but this evening its been every damn time i click a link .. what is it & why is it happening ? i may go back to 6.1 or try a new version of opera as this 1 sux a$$
Old 03-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff
Re: bad enough new opera sux i.m.o. but . .

9.5 ftw
Old 03-31-2010, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

firefurby is keeping up the good workfirefurby is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
9.5 ftw
True that! I've tried a lot of browsers, UC Browser, Opera Mini 5, IE, Dorothy, etc., but it's only Opera 9.5 that consistently performs well. I don't care if it uses a little bit too much memory since it'll always get the job done.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

memory lol ... thats a whole different dilemma im facing since upgrading to 6.5 ... i forgot the stock opera that was with 6.1 but it was great. while browsing i used see all diff versions of operas around. know how i can find the rite 1 for what was stock in 6.1 ?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)

modembug is keeping up the good workmodembug is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug

Opera mini 5 FTW, never lets me down! I am running Sprint lovers rom with SPB MS + Mobile Sense and I never have a problem.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Try doing a hard reset I do not have any issues with the new opera that came with 6.5, something must of gone wrong with your install.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Look for Opera Mobile 9.5 build 15957
Old 04-02-2010, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

I prefer 9.7 myself...here it is if u want it
Attached Files
File Type: cab operabrowser_wm_97b1.cab (4.65 MB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch pro 2

Poofyball is a n00b

... opera seems to slow period, i like skyfire, better than opera, and if i dont need a flash site to load i actually like i.e, it's cool and it works !
Old 04-02-2010, 01:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

mardukeme i hard reset immediately after i upgraded to 6.5 & did it just for the reason of doing the initial hard reset ppl claim is needed. i appreciate ur opinion but wonder if all that will remedy this ..... im just wishing answers these days werent always "do a clear storage" .. its not a comfortable feeling thinking i may have 2 set this phone up from scratch multiple times a month with a stock rom. my girl asks me all the time y i have to reset my phone so often & even questions why ive hard reset many times in the past comparing it to her never having to hard reset & seldom soft resetting droid powered, always reliable device.
poofy i liked firefox & tried it with 6.1 where i had program memory to spare & it created other apps that were open to lag harrrrrrd & with the severe lag i face already it wouldnt workout with this phone ... my luck or lack of luck with this phone is getting all things i need & prefer to run smooth all the time. maybe sumthing im gonna have 2 deal with as long as i use this device . . ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2