PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

PhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: why does my 2.5 LAG?

UPDATE: After running task 29, MightyROM 2.5 WITHOUT cookie's home tab mod runs pretty smooth, and still lags more than I care to overlook WITH the home tab mod installed.

Phantom's 6.5/6.5x Modified Lock Screens
Old 04-05-2010, 05:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I will be upgrading to the Snapdragon 1Ghz processor this summer...probably the HTC Evo....I agree with a previous poster about how 6.5 is meant for faster CPU's.....

I feel Sprint released 6.5 just to make customers happy...in no regards to how it worked on the TP2...atleast laggy wise.....some people don't care about the lag while others pull there hair out because it's so bad...I'm one of them....hehe....I just received a refurb TP2 in the mail and I think I'll keep it 6.1 for now....or until Sprint releases some patch updates or a new build of 6.5...or 6.5.3 with updated Sense UI...
Old 04-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
I will be upgrading to the Snapdragon 1Ghz processor this summer...probably the HTC Evo....I agree with a previous poster about how 6.5 is meant for faster CPU's.....

I feel Sprint released 6.5 just to make customers happy...in no regards to how it worked on the TP2...atleast laggy wise.....some people don't care about the lag while others pull there hair out because it's so bad...I'm one of them....hehe....I just received a refurb TP2 in the mail and I think I'll keep it 6.1 for now....or until Sprint releases some patch updates or a new build of 6.5...or 6.5.3 with updated Sense UI...
Have you tried Mighty rom? I'm on Verizon, so I can't try out the new stock sprint rom, but a lot of people had problems with it (some said it was slow, buggy, etc.).

Also, many people say that the newest Mighty rom is MUCH faster than the Sprint rom. I'm running it now, and I must say it is BLAZING fast. It literally cured my rom flashing habits (I might try some other roms, but Mighty rom is my new stock rom lol).

Everyone who thinks bad of Manila 2.5 out to give Mighty's newest rom a shot, at least for a day or two.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I'm not one to used cooked ROM's unfortunatly...I tend to stick to the basics...yeah..I may be shooting myself in the foot...but I would rather go on to Android OS due the the pure factor of the market place and free apps that are kept up to date....I love apps and from what I have witnessed, WM has lacked in the department and most of the ones you do find are for old versions of WM etc...

Thanks though.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

eyepoker is just getting started

i'm running the latest MR on my tp2 and have also noticed lag... i did the Task29 then did the MR flash.

I'm curious, I've installed the At0mAng Enhanced D3D driver - the assumption being that its going to improve performance... but I suppose thats only for bonafide 3-D-related functions?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & EVO 4G

PhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepoker View Post
i'm running the latest MR on my tp2 and have also noticed lag... i did the Task29 then did the MR flash.

I'm curious, I've installed the At0mAng Enhanced D3D driver - the assumption being that its going to improve performance... but I suppose thats only for bonafide 3-D-related functions?
No change in drivers has ever made any difference in the sense UI lag that I've ever seen on the TP1/TP2 regardless of the ROM that was loaded.

EDIT: I also did task 29 and re-flashed MR, and it still lags a TINY bit...enough to bug me.

Last edited by PhantomApolyon; 04-05-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I keep reading lag this, lag that.
Can some1 describe it in details.
Cause as far as I see, the only lag i have is the one launching opera due to my turning of data connection cab I installed.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyepoker View Post

I don't think installing drivers on the new mightyrom is a good idea. I remember reading that Mighty rebuilt all the drivers used in his rom from the ground up (and they are already optimized for the best performance), so installing foreign drivers tend to do more harm than good.

When I first installed it, I began installing all of my common cab tweaks, and as a result, I had a barely usable rom. The battery life was really bad, and it lagged a lot.

But after I hard reset and left the drivers like they were, the rom was excellent.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nonstop is a n00b

My Sprint 6.5 TP2 was lagging pretty bad, so bad I often had to reset to get it to respond. I found this thread and decided to delete my text messages, I had a few hundred probably.

My TP2 is responsive again!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

imaginethis1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
I keep reading lag this, lag that.
Can some1 describe it in details.
Cause as far as I see, the only lag i have is the one launching opera due to my turning of data connection cab I installed.
you're probably one of the people that either doesn't notice it or just got lucky and for some reason it's working out smoothly for you.

i actually flashed to MR War a few weeks back and it worked amazing for about 3 days, and i flashed to another rom just to test it out but i didn't like it...so i returned to MR War. for some reason it just lagged unbelievably and haven't been able to find a decently smooth 2.5 since.

when i talk about lag, personally, it's the SenseUI tabs on the homescreen and how they run with your finger running across them. Especially noticeable from the Home tab in my opinion. you might not notice just because your not the type of person to care much for it...unfortunately as hard as i try...i notice EVERY bit of lag/problem with any rom and it gets to me

2.1 ROMS on TP2 FTW!! SPEED SPEED SPEED!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2.5, home, lag, manila, screen