PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 01:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

imaginethis1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
why does my 2.5 LAG?

i have installed numerous manila 2.5 roms, and after people are telling me it runs as smoothly as 2.1, i still don't believe it. most of the time my lag comes when navigating through the tabs...especially from the Home screen.

i might be doing something wrong, but i really dunno what it could be. is anyone else experiencing this lag coming out of home screen? and if so, why continue to build 2.5 roms??

2.1 ROMS on TP2 FTW!! SPEED SPEED SPEED!!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy
Carrier: Sprint

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: why does my 2.5 LAG?

more graphics on the screen more lag ull see when sliding. me have updated SW on our older slower HW. u can get around sliding from the home tab by maybe pressing the desired tab instead of sliding to it. (if its on screen of course.)

also try removing some graphics from the home screen. that free up some graphical resources. check out santods 2,5 mods thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101648 to remove things like clock background or the calendar background window, or the shortcut icon background shading, curtains, from the home tab screen.

good luck.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

if u flashed it new give it a few days
the same thing happened to me and its working just fine for me!!!

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

joeyc1123 is becoming a great contributor

The complete opposite for me, the more time goes by, the more it lags. My trick is to use cookie monster with the editor and remove the calender. For some reason the calendar on the today screen makes a world of a difference.

But still, sprint(and any other carrier for that matter) shouldn't release a 2.5 rom knowing that it still lags, it should be perfected before release
Old 03-31-2010, 05:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

IcyStorm is just getting started

If you have too many text messages, Sense will severely lag at moments. I had 1.5k texts, and I experienced a great deal of lag sometimes and more frequent SODs. After deleting them all, it became smoooooooth.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:32 PM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyStorm View Post
If you have too many text messages, Sense will severely lag at moments. I had 1.5k texts, and I experienced a great deal of lag sometimes and more frequent SODs. After deleting them all, it became smoooooooth.
Which pisses me off. Why the f*ck can't I store text messages? And its not even 1.5k, I get up to like 300 and it starts to take a sh*t on me.

It's absurd.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

this is windows mobile, unless you have a hd2 you have to get used to it or go borning and go back to 2.1.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Knowing Sense UI with weather enabled on the home screen, the poor 528mhz TP2 can't handle it. When I first installed 6.5 without the weather going my phone was really responsive, but now its horrible...and memory leaks are still an issue....I hover around 60mb free, 115 to 120mb used......and the phone just drags. I wish Sprint/HTC would figure this out and not release it knowing lag is there....
Old 03-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

i'm done with 2.5... between the lag, and no audio (just static) when watching my movies, i've had enough. i'm running an old 2.1 mightyrom til i can get my hands on the evo. the way i see it, 2.5 wasn't meant for the tp2...
Old 03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

imaginethis1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_23 View Post
more graphics on the screen more lag ull see when sliding. me have updated SW on our older slower HW. u can get around sliding from the home tab by maybe pressing the desired tab instead of sliding to it. (if its on screen of course.)
thanks for the advice, i knew there were multiple cabs to remove items, but never really knew EXACTLY which parts were good to remove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyc1123 View Post
The complete opposite for me, the more time goes by, the more it lags. My trick is to use cookie monster with the editor and remove the calender. For some reason the calendar on the today screen makes a world of a difference.

But still, sprint(and any other carrier for that matter) shouldn't release a 2.5 rom knowing that it still lags, it should be perfected before release
EXACTLY! when i saw sprint released a 2.5, i was so excited expecting a perfect 2.5 rom, and still...they all pretty much blow in my opinion. no disrespect to the chefs, they do good work...it's just annoying that almost every custom rom is now cooked with 2.5...some of us still want some SPEED with 6.5!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Knowing Sense UI with weather enabled on the home screen, the poor 528mhz TP2 can't handle it. When I first installed 6.5 without the weather going my phone was really responsive, but now its horrible...and memory leaks are still an issue....I hover around 60mb free, 115 to 120mb used......and the phone just drags. I wish Sprint/HTC would figure this out and not release it knowing lag is there....
same with me, i keep sitting on so much memory usage that my battery drains, and i just get frustrated through the day in hope that it'll suddenly start running smoothly. it made no sense for them to release 2.5 for sprint, they probably saw a few custom roms on forums and figured the Sprint developers could do a better job. guess not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
i'm done with 2.5... between the lag, and no audio (just static) when watching my movies, i've had enough. i'm running an old 2.1 mightyrom til i can get my hands on the evo. the way i see it, 2.5 wasn't meant for the tp2...
couldn't of said it better myself. no disrespect to the chefs (they're great i love the hard work), it's just we need to start seeing some more 2.1 roms again . i bet with even more work, they can get 2.1 running like it's windows 6.5. i guess we'll never know, but for now...back to an old 2.1 mightyrom for me as well.

thanks for the actual responses everyone, i appreciate the insight...that way i know i'm not the only crazy one experiencing some major lag.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2.5, home, lag, manila, screen