PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ghlu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: why does my 2.5 LAG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
after you did the upgrade, did you hard reset or clear storage once? i noticed the lag on the stock 6.5 too, so i did a single flash with one of my phones, and flashed, then did a clear storage on the other phone. after 1 day, you could tell the hard reset helped. the one i didnt h.r. lagged way worse.
Yeah, I always clear storage after upgrade. I think maybe it's the # of text message I have (over 1k). Still, the phone ran fine with stock 2.1 and was speedy with cleanup cab..Maybe I should just revert back to stock 2.1..
Old 04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i always lol when someone says they have over 1000 texts or email from 5 years ago. why? i guess im just too secretive, but i delete all my texts once a week or so. or every time i flash. i just dont see the point in keeping that many.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

samaarons is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghlu View Post
I actually had to disable sense UI after I upgraded to sprint 2.5 stock and use winmo UI instead because of the lag. For my use (text/phone/web) the default winmo UI is actually not too bad.
This is exactly what I did, and it runs great!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

imaginethis1 is a n00b

Quote:
after you did the upgrade, did you hard reset or clear storage once? i noticed the lag on the stock 6.5 too, so i did a single flash with one of my phones, and flashed, then did a clear storage on the other phone. after 1 day, you could tell the hard reset helped. the one i didnt h.r. lagged way worse.
i'm actually a little confused on WHEN the hard resets and clear storage should take place, and if it makes a difference. i remember reading somewhere that the process should go...

1)flash to stock (while booting first time take battery out 30 seconds)
2)hard reset
3)clear storage

and then repeat for the custom rom. i've tried taking out the battery method, and also just letting it boot straight from the flash, THEN hard reset followed by clear storage, but both worked out pretty much the same. is there an absolute correct way????

2.1 ROMS on TP2 FTW!! SPEED SPEED SPEED!!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

imaginethis1 is a n00b

Quote:
i always lol when someone says they have over 1000 texts or email from 5 years ago. why? i guess im just too secretive, but i delete all my texts once a week or so. or every time i flash. i just dont see the point in keeping that many.
the last time i even had 100 or so texts in my inbox was ages ago lol probably because i flash almost every single day now but clearing the texts definitely helps any rom run faster.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:45 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

hard reset = clear storage. jsut do a clear storage and your good.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomApolyon View Post
As much as I'd love it to run smoothly, I seriously doubt 2.5 ever will on the TP2 without some major OC'ing...that being said, the new MR is as smooth as I've ever seen with 2.5.

Also to everyone that says there is NO lag with 2.5 and/or cookie's home tab mod, your just not SEEING it and sometimes it takes time.

After about a week of having cookie's on mine with both Mr X's and MR it will start to considerably slow the device down. Sometimes I'll slide to unlock the phone(stock 6.5 lock) and it will zip to the home screen quickly without issue, sometimes it takes like 1-2 seconds to render the screen, which is annoying as hell if you ask me.

I'm seriously considering flashing back to the last version of MR with 2.1, IT was faster than anything I've ever used without question.
I know it might be hard to get Manila 2.5 running smoothly, but I PROMISE you it'll run just fine. I decided to try to overwork my Manila 2.5 (running the newest Mightyrom). I filled up the quick links with icons (note that I have the default amount of quicklinks with no cookie mod), and then I started up the fullscreen moon animation. While it ran, I flipped up the clock a few times AND scrolled through all the tabs without a single hint of lag.

Manila 2.5 can be fast like 2.1 was. Trust me.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

PhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPhantomApolyon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron238 View Post
I know it might be hard to get Manila 2.5 running smoothly, but I PROMISE you it'll run just fine. I decided to try to overwork my Manila 2.5 (running the newest Mightyrom). I filled up the quick links with icons (note that I have the default amount of quicklinks with no cookie mod), and then I started up the fullscreen moon animation. While it ran, I flipped up the clock a few times AND scrolled through all the tabs without a single hint of lag.

Manila 2.5 can be fast like 2.1 was. Trust me.
I just ran task 29 and flashed MR 3/23, we'll see if that makes any sort of significant improvement...if not I'm headed straight back to 2.1 or maybe even the elusive titanium.

Phantom's 6.5/6.5x Modified Lock Screens
Old 04-02-2010, 09:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
i always lol when someone says they have over 1000 texts or email from 5 years ago. why?.
LOL, that always cracks me up too.

I saw a post recently where some DB actually wondered why his SMS app was so laggy right after he had just restored 4200 text messages with MyPhone. I have done tons of ROM flashes & never once restored a text message.

I clear my inbox out at least once a week to keep things nice & snappy (when I get a really important text, I immediately save it to another location)

I am running a manila 2.5 ROM & get no noticable lag....

~John
Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

It's the texts. Clear them and 2.5 flies.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2.5, home, lag, manila, screen