PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] For Sprint WM 6.5 Sense 2.5 - Add Facebook Tab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
not working on mighty rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I can't get this to work at all. I follow the instructions exactly, and all that happens is that Sense won't load. Oddly enough, adding the tab manually works, but then it doesn't sync. I'm on Mr. X's latest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDrummer View Post
QFT

Sense just keeps trying to load over and over.
Guys, I clarified the description on the first page for those who are having problems and I also posted a generic version for those not using a stock Sprint ROM or the Sprint Lovers ROM.

Last edited by chris1683; 03-30-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor

works perfectly on my Sprint stock 6.5 ROM....only problem i am having is that....it wont update....when i press update now...it shows "updating..." and than show me the new update time without updating anything.....only way i have found that the update works is if i go into each contact and press update now individually for them...which is useless when one has a lot of FB friends...
any help is much appreciated
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

My soft keys for the menu at the settings tab isnt working and I cant rearrange or change wallpaper.

I will uninstall until theres a new version out.

It works great though

I <3 Android
Old 03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Actually I cant even get it to uninstall.. I cannot go into the settings to diable htc sense.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

chris i installed on mine and my girls pro 2 sprints. heres worked perfect..installed to mine. had the no menu stuff. looked at a reg seen mine was missing some facebook xmls. so i just copied and pasted her's. reboot mine worked after that. i edited the manila files to change the icon for my slider style. check this..

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 03-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

works on mine with the generic .cab on Mighty Mike's latest. Not overflowing with functionality but nice to have, thanks for the work!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA Sprint (Raphael)

Eternity-3D is a n00b

can confirm generic release is working on decks TP2 r11 b1 but still might need a few tweaks quite laggy but overall works! GREAT Work!!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work

hi everyone,

thanks to scott for posting his original tab ... it motivated me to stop being lazy and mod it to my own liking lol. here is my mod of the tab which will work on stock 6.5 (and i think any thats already got the tab working) ... you still need to install the original then my mod after.

my personal opinions/experience on the original:
- big lag when scrolling down to see status's
- i don't really care to see so many status's or events (i have 300 fb phone contacts)
- it reloads every time you visit the tab and all pics have to reload etc
- i dont use microsoft facebook app so didn't care for the menu functionality
- i didnt use the facebook online link bc i usually click a status i see as interesting or want to read in full and then click the detailed one and it automatically takes me to the facebook online page logged-in already
- had some manila resets and SOD occurred on updates

my changes (re-write and really different but fits my needs):
- no lag when scrolling down
- only the 15 most recent friends status's and no event updates displayed ... basically what i calculated as one thumb flick up and down lol (i hope people understand its the 15 most recent statu's synced on your phone for phone contacts). this could actually be more than 15 or all and still have no lag but i wanted one thumb flick haha.
- it doesnt reload every time you visit the tab ... stores pix
- my right softkey menu now has 'Update Now' and 'Settings'; did away with facebook app and facebook online links
- my left softkey now has 'See More' which takes you to the People's Tab 'Updates and Events' with all status's for events and friends
- My Me doesn't show my status as before like original ... still have to go back and add back my status there when i get around to playing around and looking at code again
Attached Files
File Type: cab nann facebook tab mod.cab (64.5 KB, 48 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by anand525; 04-02-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Tested this on a different Sprint custom ROM and works just fine. Thanks again Chris!!

Give some
Old 06-06-2010, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2

KevinC2021 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to KevinC2021

Since I installed this with my Stocked rom, when I play music on the TF3D Music tab, it stops play somewhere during play but not a big deal since I just open windows media player.

But found the cab very useful and the mod as well. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2