View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 02:30 PM
anand525
PPCGeeks Regular

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] For Sprint WM 6.5 Sense 2.5 - Add Facebook Tab

hi everyone,

thanks to scott for posting his original tab ... it motivated me to stop being lazy and mod it to my own liking lol. here is my mod of the tab which will work on stock 6.5 (and i think any thats already got the tab working) ... you still need to install the original then my mod after.

my personal opinions/experience on the original:
- big lag when scrolling down to see status's
- i don't really care to see so many status's or events (i have 300 fb phone contacts)
- it reloads every time you visit the tab and all pics have to reload etc
- i dont use microsoft facebook app so didn't care for the menu functionality
- i didnt use the facebook online link bc i usually click a status i see as interesting or want to read in full and then click the detailed one and it automatically takes me to the facebook online page logged-in already
- had some manila resets and SOD occurred on updates

my changes (re-write and really different but fits my needs):
- no lag when scrolling down
- only the 15 most recent friends status's and no event updates displayed ... basically what i calculated as one thumb flick up and down lol (i hope people understand its the 15 most recent statu's synced on your phone for phone contacts). this could actually be more than 15 or all and still have no lag but i wanted one thumb flick haha.
- it doesnt reload every time you visit the tab ... stores pix
- my right softkey menu now has 'Update Now' and 'Settings'; did away with facebook app and facebook online links
- my left softkey now has 'See More' which takes you to the People's Tab 'Updates and Events' with all status's for events and friends
- My Me doesn't show my status as before like original ... still have to go back and add back my status there when i get around to playing around and looking at code again
Attached Files
File Type: cab nann facebook tab mod.cab (64.5 KB, 48 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by anand525; 04-02-2010 at 02:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.