PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 05:12 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED!] City AND State of Area Code on Incoming Call Screen [VZW Support Added

sammich you are nicer than me. you take the time to make registry tweaks to EVERY DAMN AREA CODE IN THE COUNTRY, and people complain because they live in podunkville and so it's not the same for them.
Really simple, use any registry editor, go to where the registry settings for caller id are (they are in this thread) and find your area code. Change it to your liking. You can put whatever you want in there.
Thanks for the cab, I'm gonna dive into the registry of my hd2 when I get a chance and see if I can find where it hides the same settings.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: [UPDATED!] City AND State of Area Code on Incoming Call Screen [VZW Support Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamio88 View Post
ok and?

I was just saying that i don't like the wide range, not narrow enough for me. I don't need you to quote something i have already seen.

Once again, i gave thanks for the hard work put into this, its just not for me.
Smh...
Old 07-18-2010, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

raz1337 is becoming a great contributor

Has anyone gotten this working on a ROM compatible with T-Mobile? If so, which ROM? I really want this mod, but I'm on Energy and I'd switch.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mkappeli is just getting started

Ive been running NRG for awhile and extremly happy with it... No way I could switch, but i really like this feature and it seems like no one has gotten it to work on NRG roms. Is this true? If someone has gotten it work, please post the procedures... Thanx
Old 07-18-2010, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rebelshadow is keeping up the good workrebelshadow is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
Has anyone gotten this working on a ROM compatible with T-Mobile? If so, which ROM? I really want this mod, but I'm on Energy and I'd switch.
I've been using this with the VZW fix posted on the first page with TimberWolf's 9.7.1 Titanium rom. Here is the link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118646
Old 07-18-2010, 09:47 PM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkappeli View Post
Ive been running NRG for awhile and extremly happy with it... No way I could switch, but i really like this feature and it seems like no one has gotten it to work on NRG roms. Is this true? If someone has gotten it work, please post the procedures... Thanx
the problem is that the dialer that energy cooks into his ROM does not support the location feature of the caller id (the ones that do originally give you the state only).
What Sammich did was to go into those registry settings that had the state for each area code and added the city (based off an area code list, which is why your city might not be the one used for a certain area code).
If your dialer doesn't support this (and energy's doesn't) then you can't use it.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelshadow View Post
I've been using this with the VZW fix posted on the first page with TimberWolf's 9.7.1 Titanium rom. Here is the link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=118646
are you on t-mobile though???
Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post

I'm gonna give it a shot. If it works. I think I'll have found the right rom for me.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rebelshadow is keeping up the good workrebelshadow is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
No, on Verizon but it should not make a difference as the dialer would be the same.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ack, I must've done something wrong! The phone won't boot into titanium and it goes straight from the t-mobile startup to a glitchy graphic screen with an image of one of my photos.

Wait. I'm an idiot. It's CDMA. No wonder.

Last edited by raz1337; 07-18-2010 at 11:21 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2