PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sort Contacts by first name not last

I have over 150 contacts and mostof them have both their first and lsat name. By default the contact manager organizes them by last name. You can go in and edit the file as to first name/ last name, but that takes entirely to long and doesn't stick after a hard reset even with backing up my contacts via myphone. Does anybody know of a way that i can organize them all at once??? Thanks in advance
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 01-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff
Re: Sort Contacts by first name not last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
You can go in and edit the file as to first name/ last name, but that takes entirely to long and doesn't stick after a hard reset even with backing up my contacts via myphone. Does anybody know of a way that i can organize them all at once??? Thanks in advance

That's really strange. I recently took the time and re-org'ed all mine to be first/last - backed up, and even with a re-flash, the changed did stick.

i'm using Juicy R8 and can confirm this worked for my yesterday.

Previously, I was using Silence HDFL (worked) and Mighty's 1/9, which also worked..

Oh and i'm using microsoft myphone as b/up app.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Heres a cab that u can run to fix ALL your contacts, i have to use it pretty much everytime i run google sync, its sucks

Hit thanks if i helped!
Attached Files
File Type: cab contact_changer.cab (60.1 KB, 247 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:18 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I would hit the Thanks, but I'm on the mobile site. I knew there was a cab file floating around for years that does this, and now there is an app in the marketplace that does this - but they want you to pay for it. Stupid! This has been free for years!

Thanks for the cab.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:48 PM
Young-E
Threadstarter

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I would hit the Thanks, but I'm on the mobile site. I knew there was a cab file floating around for years that does this, and now there is an app in the marketplace that does this - but they want you to pay for it. Stupid! This has been free for years!

Thanks for the cab.
i searched for a cab file too and was shocked it wasn't easier to find. There were a few i found on XDA but people were having mixed results and those cabs were for older devices. This cab is definitely a must have for me.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

RTurkmani is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

I installed the contact changer cab but everytime I run it and make the change, it only works for like 10 mins and all my contacts go back to last name, firstame format.. please help
Old 01-23-2010, 04:10 PM
N00b

Anthony Franks is a n00b

Bump because that program only did some of my contacts not all..
Old 01-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Franks View Post
Bump because that program only did some of my contacts not all..

no idea whats goin on with you bro, it works fine for me
Old 01-24-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: sprint

kaz8772 is becoming a great contributor

You can also use TrineFix. It will fix duplicates as well as make all your contacts sort by First then Last names. And most of all - its free!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:16 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50301; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I just came back to this thread to get the cab file again, because Google Sync f'up ALL my 250+ contacts (stupid Google). So everytime I sync, the contacts will mess up? wtf...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2