PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint's 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fi

Try this cab. It disable the HTC Messenger and brings back the WM messenger. Sometimes there's some issues with it, like a stuck unread counter and things, but if you don't like it, just simply uninstall it to "re-enable" HTC Messenger.

Credit to Zenyee for this cab.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint's 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Try this cab. It disable the HTC Messenger and brings back the WM messenger. Sometimes there's some issues with it, like a stuck unread counter and things, but if you don't like it, just simply uninstall it to "re-enable" HTC Messenger.

Credit to Zenyee for this cab.
Thank you for posting.

BUT, I installed the CAB and it does nothing.
Still getting HTC messaging instead of MS messaging.

HELP!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

OK.
SMS-Chat is an independent chat program created by Vito Technologies.
All I want is to be able to quickly choose recipients from the start menu, but be able to insert "My Text" pre-written messages.
SMS-Chat allows insertion of pre-written messages, but still requires you to type in a name to select a recipient.

I want to be able to select a recipient using "My Favorites", but I want to be placed into WM messaging screen when I hit the "send message" button instead of being sent to the "HTC mesaging" screen.

Last edited by tt C6; 03-22-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

itony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regularitony is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott8813 View Post
I already posted this on another thread in this forum and I apologize for double posting but I wanted to make sure that I get this information out there for anyone who may find it useful:

I personally find both sms applications to be extremely faulty and always have. I have personally tested more sms apps that I care to remember and have to say that I have yet to find anything that can even hope to compare to the user friendly and well designed Vito SMS-Chat. There's just flat out no competition out there for it what so ever in my opinion. There are even registry mods out to have sms-chat stand in as your devices default sms programing even for HTC Sence UI..........if you'll give me a minute I will be more than happy to share links for both the download and registry settings for anyone who may be interested. Idunno. That's my two cents I guess. It's just that I have been scrolling through this forum for a few minutes and it seems like every three threads or so there's another one complaining about the crappy choices once thought to be our only options. Well there ya go. Take it or leave it I guess. Hope this helps someone out.
i actually use vito for mass msg only.The problem I have with it is that every time I use the app it erases the registry edit to turn off sms notifications
Old 03-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Is there a way to simply make "Windows Mobile Messaging" the default screen for creating text messages so we can avoid the "HTC Messaging screen" all together?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

to the top
Old 03-23-2010, 11:50 AM
jcjr81

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have the opposite problem. I want to totally disable WM messaging. Can anyone assist with that?
Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjr81 View Post
I have the opposite problem. I want to totally disable WM messaging. Can anyone assist with that?
Why would you want to do that?

HTC messaging is MUCH SLOWER and is crippled ????
Old 03-23-2010, 01:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

disable htc sense
Old 03-23-2010, 01:13 PM
jcjr81

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I am more comfortable using HTC messaging. I don't like how when a new message pops up clicking reply brings me to windows messaging and not HTC.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2