PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cigga24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OEM 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fix?

I just posted this in the tweaks thread but i think its more fitting here since i sorta wanna do the same thing.

Does anyone have a cab that replaces the people tab with the 6.1 people/favorite tab.

In 6.5 you can only select one form of communication for a person but in 6.1 you had all the options. For instance when you choose a person from the 'contacts' button from programs.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Re: OEM 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fix?

OK. I have 2 temporary "band aids" until someone can find a registry hack or cab to make MS messaging the ONLY text screen.

#1. Set "CONTACTS as a "quick tab" on the home screen because it will use MS messaging when you text from there. Do NOT use "PEOPLE"

#2 Set "TEXT" as another "quick tab" which will put you directly into the MS text version of your existing texts. Simply typing the name of the recipient you desire will bring up previous texts to them and just enter into old threaded texts to respond to them.

The 2 above are not a permanent fix, but a start to someone posts a permanent solution.

Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by tt C6; 03-20-2010 at 09:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None

quickstang is keeping up the good workquickstang is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
i tried this and i didn't even have that manila file on there to begin with (didn't overwrite anything)
still goes to the htc messaging
Same here. Took the file, copied it to Windows on the phone, and nothing. Had HTC Sense disabled too, reset the phone, then re-enabled it.

The reason I wanted to do the Windows is that the HTC messaging is so slow, I get nothing out of it. I even wait until it UN-FREEZES. Piece of crap really. Go back to Mobile Shell, and have NO problems with it whatsoever.

Oh well. Probably going to flash back to 6.1.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

cab you want is at the bottom of the first post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=556614

sorry, on my gfs computer and dont have the cab handy

Help Me Help You
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigga24 View Post
In 6.5 you can only select one form of communication for a person but in 6.1 you had all the options. For instance when you choose a person from the 'contacts' button from programs.
If you tap the name below the picture, instead of the picture itself, you will get all the options.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:10 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranah View Post
cab you want is at the bottom of the first post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=556614

sorry, on my gfs computer and dont have the cab handy
unfortunately, i don't think this works with 2012
Old 03-21-2010, 12:15 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
unfortunately, i don't think this works with 2012
didnt realize that...my bad..i might have to switch to this 6.5 rom.. a lot of the issues that are popping up the last couple days, i havent had at all..
Old 03-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

to the top
Old 03-22-2010, 12:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
extract the manila fike feom the archive then using either resco exolorer or total commander copy the file to your windows directory...make sure sense is disabled first before copying to the file

Does not work and actual makes manila do a endless REBOOT DO NOT USE

Sorry juggs thanks though for the try
Old 03-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Sprint's 6.5 forces you to use "HTC messaging" over "WM messaging". Is there a fi

to the top

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2