PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 Tweaks Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by neudof View Post
1. With Total Commander go to Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
2. Move settings.lnk to SD card
3. Go to :HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\HideSettings and change the default value from 1 to 0
4. Go to: HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Manila
5. "HomeLSKText"="Settings"
6. "HomeLSKPath"=Storage Card\Settings.lnk
7. Softreset

Going to try this and let you know what happens
Won't this just bring you back to the Manila settings tab instead of the all settings window?
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 03-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club
Threadstarter

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Won't this just bring you back to the Manila settings tab instead of the all settings window?
Well....
Inside the start menu there are 2 settings links, one now goes to settings, and one goes to the settings tab.

But there is still only one settings.lnk thru Total commander..

I will keep trying
Old 03-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club
Threadstarter

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Has anyone tried installing the Facebook tab?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=651007
Old 03-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 CDMA

rx78 is a n00b
Smile Re: Sprint 6.5 ROM Touch Pro 2 Tweaks Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
What have you done so far to fix it, any cabs installed or reg edits?

All you really need to do is three reg edits, with no cabs required if you like.

1. Go to [HKLM\Services\CMGuardian]
create a new DWORD Value called "Flags" and set the value data to "4"
(if it is already there then skip)

2. Reboot

3. Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
and delete the "isext.dll" entry

4. Go to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
and change "ForceCellConnection" from "PhoneAsModem" to "Sprint"

(please omit the "" in all of these entries)

You should now be able to use ICS, but make sure your data connection is already intialized prior to using (open a web browser of check your mail) or you may be asked for a user name and password. I have my email checking every 5 minutes so it is never an issue for me.
thanks

I was using Calkulin's WM 6.5 Tethering Fix.cab, it didn't work. then I grab mightymike's fix from 6.1 ... still not working

and then I found a post from xda, tried, still ...... grrrr

but, i didn't think about this orginal method ...... grrr (okie, I've been lazy lately ....)

so, anyway, its working now and thank you =D>

RX
Old 03-24-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

Ever since i put in the cookie home tab, so i could have 48 quick links my phone is slow on the home menu now. The weather animation is slow to. I assume this is the price you pay for having 48 quick links. I can tolerate it, but if anyone knows a way to fix this please tell me. thanks in advance.

BTW i have total commander but how do i get the the folder HKLM everyone speaks of. thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
Ever since i put in the cookie home tab, so i could have 48 quick links my phone is slow on the home menu now. The weather animation is slow to. I assume this is the price you pay for having 48 quick links. I can tolerate it, but if anyone knows a way to fix this please tell me. thanks in advance.

BTW i have total commander but how do i get the the folder HKLM everyone speaks of. thanks
i use the 4x 4 (48 ) quick links also (although im on a custom rom) and its not slow. weather animation is going to be slow w/ or w/out cookie, IMO. so disable the weather animation by choosing options for wallpaper NOT in the weather section. also in the cookie editor app "CHTeditor" there is options for animation; simple, disable, original, and optimized. i use simple (or you can use disable) using animations, of any kind, is gonna make your phone slower, IMO. this is how i set it up and i works great 4 me.

oh yea, were you wanting to go into the reg. to do the cookie edits? cuz theres the app i was saying above that will do it for you. or did you just want to know...not sure how to get to it from tc cuz i use resco but did you try looking in the menu...not sure

Last edited by kjhadfield; 03-24-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by augozageek View Post
Go to plugins/registry from the root of the device and you will see the folder.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

neilgould is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntyme View Post
Sorry if this has been asked already, Is anyone using spb shell with 6.5?
After upgrading to the new stock 6.5 rom and trying the Sense 2.5, I did load Shell 3.5.2 since I do own it. I still like it the best and have had no problems so far. I will most likely stick with it.
Neil
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
i use the 4x 4 (48 ) quick links also (although im on a custom rom) and its not slow. weather animation is going to be slow w/ or w/out cookie, IMO. so disable the weather animation by choosing options for wallpaper NOT in the weather section. also in the cookie editor app "CHTeditor" there is options for animation; simple, disable, original, and optimized. i use simple (or you can use disable) using animations, of any kind, is gonna make your phone slower, IMO. this is how i set it up and i works great 4 me.

oh yea, were you wanting to go into the reg. to do the cookie edits? cuz theres the app i was saying above that will do it for you. or did you just want to know...not sure how to get to it from tc cuz i use resco but did you try looking in the menu...not sure
Thanks dude! but i was hoping there was a way to keep the animation and still have a fast home. yea i have 4x4 also. when the clock changes the minute the flip part its slower then normal. o well ill turn the weather animation off. I really want to know if there is a way that i can make it so that my keypad dont pop up automatically. its super annoying
Old 03-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

sinfiery is a n00b

Does anyone know of a keyboard reset cab? (For sprint service)

For some reason every time I use FN --> Sym it just types _
Every other key works fine but the symbol page never opens up and I was wondering if there was anything to fix this.
Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2