PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

littlefreak is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Offical Bugs List with Sprint Touch Pro 2 - WinMob. 6.5 Update

I read through most of the thread but couldnt find... sorry if its a repost of another problem... Im having serious issues with the power button not working. Ive tried several reflashes and soft and hard reboots. Idk whats causing it but sometimes when it goes to sleep the power button just wont wake it back up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

opera and ie are intertwined together making each other buggy since IE cant detect if you're on a mboile device and it causes opera to do the same
Old 03-20-2010, 02:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefreak View Post
I read through most of the thread but couldnt find... sorry if its a repost of another problem... Im having serious issues with the power button not working. Ive tried several reflashes and soft and hard reboots. Idk whats causing it but sometimes when it goes to sleep the power button just wont wake it back up.
ive had that happen once but it takes sometimes 2 times to wake it
Old 03-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

any fix for twitter tab to stay log in afther sf it wont stay log in at all

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 03-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bradtsg is a n00b

Anyone having any issues charging? Mine popped up a message twice now about it can not charge try closing some applications or something. I was using CorePlayer and had it charging via the USB port on my PC. I never had these issues with 6.1. I could keep it at 100% all night. Something seems to be a huge battery hog in 6.5. I turned off weather update and use Push GMAIL. I also turned off My Location setting also.

I can't wait for the tweaks cab to be released maybe that will fix some issues.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:48 AM
okk
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

okk is a n00b

Here are my list of "bugs".

1. Cleartype on landscape doesn't work.
2. HTC Sense sometimes won't load - says error.
3. HTC Sense loads SUPER SLOWLY.
4. Screen turns off and doesn't turn back on, even though the backlight buttons are on.

That's it for now.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

junkzm3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLight View Post
Couple things I've noticed mentioned but not resolved.
1) The clock going back 1:02 (one hour, two minutes) and 'flipping' forward. This was discussed ad nauseum when the Verizon update came out. It's to show off the animation capabilities of the flip clock. I'm attaching the cab I use to disable it. I don't know if it will work on the Sprint phones or not.
2) The wrong location for weather. In 6.5 there is a 'default' location that is determined by GPS if it is enabled or just your location during setup. In addition you can go into your clock (tap the clock on the home page) and add your 'Home Town'. If you select your newly added home town on the clock/alarm page and then tap back, the weather on the main page will use _that_ location for display regardless of where you are.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, but it didn't work. The flipping really bothers me for some reason lol
Old 03-20-2010, 04:41 AM
bradray

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I just applied the 6.5 ROM update and it seemed to go well enough, but when it booted up for the first time my touch screen doesn't work anymore. This means that can't touch the screen to setup the phone and the welcome screen stays in the way and I can't get it to go away. The phone looks like it finishes booting up behind the screen because I can receive calls and use the buttons on the phone (the touch screen doesn't work on the caller ID screen to slide to answer, but I can asnwer the phone with the call button), I just can't see what it is doing behind the Welcome screen (the yellow and orange one that says "Tap the screen to set tup your Windows phone").

I'm an IT network guy that knows a decent amount about computers, but I've never spent the time to learn how to cook my own ROM's etc (I was never completely clear on how legal that is) so I've always just stuck with the carrier released stuff. Is there some place I can get my hands on the original 6.1 Sprint rom so I can put the thing back? I've already tried a soft reset, hard reset, and I've even re-applied the 6.5 ROM. Same results each time.

Any ideas? Fixing it somehow would be best, but getting back to 6.1 would at least let me use the phone for more than just receiving calls.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

Not sure if this is a bug, but every time I do a soft reset and Sense is starting up I receive an error page message, something about services.exe:

Thx in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
"Hey did anyone hear about release of the Windows Mobile 6.5 update
for the Touch Pro 2 coming out tomorrow??!!
I just read at the top of this thread and wanted to share it with everyone"
Old 03-20-2010, 05:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefreak View Post
Im having serious issues with the power button not working. Ive tried several reflashes and soft and hard reboots. Idk whats causing it but sometimes when it goes to sleep the power button just wont wake it back up.
That's the famous "failure to wake," also in 6.1. There have been entire threads about it.

The best explanation, and workaround, I've seen is to use Pocket Mechanic or a similar program to clean the notification queue of all duplicates, dangles, etc.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2