PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 11:40 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Offical Bugs List with Sprint Touch Pro 2 - WinMob. 6.5 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 View Post
No - if I understand you correctly that is. I backed up my files to my storage card and Microsoft My Phone before flashing the ROM, but since then I haven't put anything back on. In fact, I haven't even sync'ed it with my PC yet.

Just flashed the ROM (and then soft reset, hard reset, soft reset, in that order so far).

The only app I loaded up was after the last soft reset and that was Opera 10 (final release).
It can be opera 10 that is causing the pre-loaded opera browser not to work, I'm not sure what i can say =( I'll try installing opera 10 to see my results.

edit: I installed a opera 10 cab made by ninja, no issues so far, I have nothing else to say but maybe bad download you had or an unknown issue i can't help with

Last edited by CaliBoyPhillip; 03-19-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ucfbeta92 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
It can be opera 10 that is causing the pre-loaded opera browser not to work, I'm not sure what i can say =( I'll try installing opera 10 to see my results.
I would've thought the same thing but I didn't install Opera 10 until I'd already established that the pre-loaded Opera wasn't working. But I can tell you for sure that it isn't Opera 10.

To trace back steps:

1. Flash Rom, Hard Reset. At this stage, nothing new has been installed.

2. Run Opera 9.7 that came preloaded. Invalid Signature error

3. Soft Reset

4. Run Opera 9.7 again. Same Invalid Signature error

5. Hard Reset and Soft Reset

6. Run Opera 9.7 again. Same Invalud Signature error

7. In frustration, install Opera 10. I now have a working Opera browser.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:52 PM
@Febby or @iFebby

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Ooo well, I guess the Sprint ROM hates you haha (: just try install the htc downloaded exe once it is installed and tell us if it works out for you so i can sleep in peace
Old 03-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Lurker

ucfbeta92 is a n00b

Quote:
Ooo well, I guess the Sprint ROM hates you haha (: just try install the htc downloaded exe once it is installed and tell us if it works out for you so i can sleep in peace
Yeah, I feel the same way.. lol

18 minutes to go, downloading at 6.71KB/sec, down to the last 6 MB. Man, this reminds me of the good ol' days of downloading MP3s from Napster using my 56.6Kbps modem. lol
Old 03-20-2010, 12:05 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfbeta92 View Post
Yeah, I feel the same way.. lol

18 minutes to go, downloading at 6.71KB/sec, down to the last 6 MB. Man, this reminds me of the good ol' days of downloading MP3s from Napster using my 56.6Kbps modem. lol

wasnt there something before Napster?
Old 03-20-2010, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

jordant2 is keeping up the good workjordant2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k View Post
Anyone tried YouTube app yet cause I can't seem to finish a video before the device turns off on me.

dja2k
I haven't tried had this problem with youtube, but I was looking through some facebook albums (after I installed dutty's fix) and my phone reset on me. I haven't installed anything but cookie monster, total commander and dutty's online album fix. I'm going to flash back to stock 6.1, then flash this update. I can't even remember which ROM I was using before I flashed this one and I flashed straight from that ROM. Not sure if it'll make a difference. I'm sure when this was tested, they were flashing from sprint 6.1 to this, so I guess I'll follow suit.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:56 AM
Lurker

ucfbeta92 is a n00b

Quote:
Update: Flashed the ROM with the one I downloaded, the preloaded Opera's working fine now. Strange.

I'm thinking I might do what someone else on this ROM suggested, just in case: flash down to Sprint Stock 6.1 and then flash this ROM.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro2

amart79196 is keeping up the good workamart79196 is keeping up the good work

i installed garmin mobile xt and i can not get the gsp to work at all. i did notice that the htc quick gsp program is not anywhere to be found. is that missing from this rom? is there a cab of that floating around that might fix this issue?
Old 03-20-2010, 01:16 AM
@Febby or @iFebby

Quote:
Originally Posted by amart79196 View Post
i installed garmin mobile xt and i can not get the gsp to work at all. i did notice that the htc quick gsp program is not anywhere to be found. is that missing from this rom? is there a cab of that floating around that might fix this issue?

I believe there is quick gps bro, go to the start menu then head down to the folder tools, then you should see it there

@ ucfbeta, I'm glad it worked for you now I couldn't reproduce you're issue ever but hey sometimes we have hard problems we can't fix.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work

Not sure if this can be considered as a bug.
I like to have an organized start menu. So I created several folders and put each program in different folders.

But I found that I cannot remove HTC_calendar and HTC_home shortcuts. Even I remove them, they will reappear after a soft reset.

Any fix for this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2