PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remember 3-19-10 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q_Q View Post
Class all the way = u = accord.
We are all indebted to you..not for just giving us a headsup but for keeping calm in the face of all the critics.
Yeah I try my best to be humble, but I always give in one way or another.

I <3 Android
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

killerz298 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Does anyone have videos of all the features on the Sprint TP2 w/ 6.5? I want to check it out before attempting the upgrade. I don't want to have to go back to 6.1 if I don't like it.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:26 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Yo Killers, this is not friggin youtube, this is ppgeeks.lol You
wont go back man, just upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298 View Post
Does anyone have videos of all the features on the Sprint TP2 w/ 6.5? I want to check it out before attempting the upgrade. I don't want to have to go back to 6.1 if I don't like it.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

killerz298 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Yo Killers, this is not friggin youtube, this is ppgeeks.lol You
wont go back man, just upgrade.
I would love to take your word for it but I have been reading some posts and threads actually asking to go back for one reason or another. I just want to be sure about what I am getting into as I like my phone the way it is now and would rather not have to reconfig if possible. Seeing it in action is quite different than reading version notes.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TimStealth is a n00b

yea just update and then if you don't like it flash back............. it's like a 15 minute process............ One day I flashed my like 6 different times............... to finally get it the way I wanted it.......
Old 03-21-2010, 04:42 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Quote:
I would love to take your word for it but I have been reading some posts and threads actually asking to go back for one reason or another. I just want to be sure about what I am getting into as I like my phone the way it is now and would rather not have to reconfig if possible. Seeing it in action is quite different than reading version notes.

ok then dont, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ll9v05PHlU
BRB

Last edited by HBOOT; 03-21-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

killerz298 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimStealth View Post
yea just update and then if you don't like it flash back............. it's like a 15 minute process............ One day I flashed my like 6 different times............... to finally get it the way I wanted it.......
I have a post in another thread about that. I know I can flash back but then I would have to install all the programs I had before and config the phone and apply all the tweaks I had on it. In the other thread I asked if there was a way to image the phone so I could have it go back to EXACTLY the way I have it now without doing anything but restore if I don't like 6.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
Thanks. This video is from November though. Is this the same version of 6.5 that is avail now? Works and looks the same? It also doesn't show all that much. It doesn't show the lock screen, messaging, calendar etc... I am searching on Youtube now for something more detailed.

Last edited by killerz298; 03-21-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Thanks. This video is from November though. Is this the same version of 6.5 that is avail now? Works and looks the same? It also doesn't show all that much. It doesn't show the lock screen, messaging, calendar etc... I am searching on Youtube now for something more detailed.
That video just is running sense 2.5 and I'm guessing wm 6.5 i didnt watch much of it but its not the Sprint Rom and it's missing the Sprint music tab and sprint tv tab and maybe another tab I can't remember I only used it for a couple hours. But Sprints Rom did seem pretty snappy to me I'm just not a big fan of sense 2.5. It uses too much Ram.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rebelx is just getting started

i'm concerned about the programs and cabs that i have installed in the stock 6.1 being compatible with 6.5. I've spent a lot of time configuring, locating, and installing files to make my phone just the way i like it. namely, i'm *most* concerned about "CM InternetSharing" (making my touch pro 2 into a wifi hotspot WITH wep security) (<-- and no, using wmwifirouter is not an option) and some of the other cabs that I have installed that allow for wifi hotspot use when the screen is off and range/speed extender.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Im still tweaking my phone about a week later.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2