PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: Verizon

jeeper78 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DST] Check Your Calendar Appointments!

I went through and corrected the dates that were wrong, only a few birthdays were off, but all the holidays were a day early. One thing I noticed that in november (when DST changes back) and after the everything was just fine.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper78 View Post
I went through and corrected the dates that were wrong, only a few birthdays were off, but all the holidays were a day early. One thing I noticed that in november (when DST changes back) and after the everything was just fine.
The problem is once we get to November, all of your appointments that are correct now, are going to be 1 hour behind!
Old 03-14-2010, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the thread. Wish I would have saw it sooner than today.

Looks like after the DST change, all my singular appointments (no re-occuring and no all-day/multi-day appointments) are off by an hour. Seems the phone sync the changes back to Exchange as well, so my Exchange appointments are now off by an hour.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 -> BB Tour 2

spcrxracer is a n00b

Verizon TP2 stock 6.1 rom.
All my appointments are displayed 1 hour LATER than they are set for. If I go in to edit the start & end times, those are correctly set. Just the display times are 1 hour later.

Also, my manilla weather won't connect to update now. Every time I try to update it, it says "There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data. Retry?". If I select "yes", the same thing happens again. I've tried restarting my phone and it still didn't work.

I tried installing the cab on page 1, but it did nothing.

===========
EDIT:

So now my manilla weather is working. I don't know what the problem with that was.

I think the DST problem is with manilla. I further inspected my calender appointments and noticed that ONLY the recurring appts. were 1 hour later than they should be.

My simple fix for this is this:
(FYI: I did all of this in the current month)
-Select the day of a recurring appointment
-Select the appointment itself
-Select "Menu" then "Edit ALL instances" of it
-Change the "Occurs" option to "once"
-Select the "Starts" date
-Change the date to the current week, then select the day the appointment usually occurs on (so if your appt. occurs every Tues @ 1:15pm, select the current week's Tuesday).
-Select "ok" to finish editing
-An error message should pop up that reads "We're sorry. A problem has occurred with manila.exe" Send the data to MS, if you want. Or don't send it. Choose "done" after you've made your decision.
-Your screen should now be at the current week, on the day of your recurring appt (that you just changed to occur once).
-Select the appointment itself, again edit it to be recurring.
-Select "Menu" then "Edit"
-Change the "Occurs" option back to "Every..."
-Select "OK" when done.

This seemed to fix it for me. I had to do this for ALL my recurring appointments, but they now display the correct times.

When I pass a Prius, I downshift to let them know that I'm the one offsetting their carbon footprint.

Last edited by spcrxracer; 03-15-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2, Samsung Moment & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Ragster is keeping up the good workRagster is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Ragster Send a message via MSN to Ragster

Hahaha wtf, I'm getting the same persons birthday twice now, once today and again tomorrow, ahh that lucky sob! Get's to be 21 twice
Old 03-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Yet again, Microsoft disappoints. Its ing that they can't even get something as simple as DST right.

All my appointments corrected themselves except the all-day ones. I'm pretty sure Christmas is NOT on 12/24!

Outlook is showing it correctly. Im going to hard-reset and resync with my exchange server to see if that helps.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:14 PM
b194331

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

anyone else have new texts showing up at the top of the conversation in the tf3d text thing? i have a feeling this is somehow related to the daylight saving time change.... guess ill have to delete the entire text history to fix it. ugh.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

jetguat is a n00b

Doubt this will work for me. See thing is. I dont sync with outlook AND my Calendar is already NOT checked on activesync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkwide View Post
We had this problem on our stock TP2s -- we use OTA ActiveSync via an exchange server. The following seemed to solve it for both me and my wife:

Turn off Time Synchronization.
Uncheck "Calendar" from your ActiveSync exchange server to delete all appointments.
Change phone time to GMT.
Soft reset.
Change time back to EST, ect.
Add Calendar back to to ActiveSync.

Worked for us -- but we'll see what happens on Sunday.

BTW, think Windows Phone 7 Series will suffer from DST glitches, too? Never ending crap like this is becoming painfully frustrating but, I expect every smartphone OS has their own similar issues.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My phone this morning gave me a message that the DST was installed. None of my calendars moved, and i'm syncing with PC outlook and Exchange OTA.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ttlycnfuzd is just getting started

Just payed attention to my calendar.... Had appts a day off, but luckily I sync with my exchange server, so all I did was remove the sync in Active Sync, which deleted all appts on the phone. Re-added the calendar to Active Sync and... Viola! all back to normal. Looks like this will be a regular DST event..... -M$/HTC - do you hear us?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2