PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WinDroid XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Technix2002 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RunGPS and TCPMP with A2DP audio issues

Alright, so I've scoured through countless postings and used Google, but no where can I find the registry settings for the Widcomm BT stack for disabling joint stereo. I'm rather convinced that having this on is affecting my A2DP performance while running, it affected the performance with my previous phone: Touch Pro. If I can't find that setting, then I'd like to at least be able to limit the max bit pool to 30. Anyone else have these issues (cutting out, tinny sound, total sync loss) while running?

Old 04-12-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: RunGPS and TCPMP with A2DP audio issues

Awe... come on guys... no one runs or jogs and uses A2DP headphones with their Touch Pro 2? I really just need to know how to tweak the Widcomm BT stack so my A2DP headphones don't play choppy music. Audio is fine until I start moving (the little bounce you get when running).
Old 04-13-2010, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I can't even get Zach to reply (ha!)... I take it that absolutely no one has issues with stereo bluetooth headphones while running/jogging?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:24 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude, I give it to you man for being persistentI do run using RUNGpS and love it ,and I do NOT use a2dp while running, I just use wires, I gues I am just used to it and have it working perfectly.
I do listen to music using BT wireless stereo headset, and I do not experience any cutting out as I do know what it is.
Why TCPMP! JUST wondering!! Nitrogene is very light, some 500kb, free and good .Try it out.
I also recommend using SKtool as it lets you maipulates pool,bt SETTINgs basically.
Enjoy man, People that run live life...
Old 04-14-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Finally someone who uses RunGPS! Yeah, I'm training to run my 2nd 5K. I'm not a hardcore runner, but there are times that I enjoy it.

My Touch Pro 1 with the MS BT stack had little to no A2DP issues: I could stream Internet radio while running RunGPS. My Touch Pro 2's A2DP breaks up/cuts out/skips/etc while running unfortunately...

I'm going to try this registry edit to see if it helps, but I doubt it will: HKLM\Software\Widcomm\Plugin\AV\LineSpeed with a DWORD value of less than 300 to see if I can force it to keep the transfer rate low enough that the interference will be minimal and the audio quality will be tolerable.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:22 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

TECH, try Sktool man, let me tell u what it does to BT...i ll be back sometime and I am not hardcore either but enjoy my 10 k a lot, about 2.8 times a wee. Good enough for me...

This set up works for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen003.jpg (115.4 KB, 87 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by HBOOT; 04-14-2010 at 12:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I just tried the trial version of SKTools and lowered my SBC Bitpool to 30. Hopefully this actually changes settings for the Widcomm stack, we'll see come Friday when I run with it. Thanks for all the help!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
DaFlowMaster

Anytime my friend, let me know how it works out for ya. Enjoy,,, I do run 2-3 times a week. 10K a run...
Old 04-16-2010, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Used SKTools to set my BitPool to 30 and ran today with the same jittering and cutout issues I've had all along. I'm not sure what to do now. LineSpeed doesn't do anything for me either. Any time my phone is stationary the audio is fine through A2DP. Is the GPS and Bluetooth on the same chip? The reason I ask is because maybe it's too much on the chip to do both at once.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:57 PM
DaFlowMaster

Sorry to hear that, afaik they are different chips. Probability that running both GPS and BT is problematic is definitely a strong one. I cant do wifi and bt ....could be...to isolate the prob, you can run with BT only and see whatcha get...I will try and duplicate the prob when I can..back is a bit sore so no running for another week...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
a2dp, joint stereo, rungps, tcpmp