View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 07:34 PM
spcrxracer
Lurker

spcrxracer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [DST] Check Your Calendar Appointments!

Verizon TP2 stock 6.1 rom.
All my appointments are displayed 1 hour LATER than they are set for. If I go in to edit the start & end times, those are correctly set. Just the display times are 1 hour later.

Also, my manilla weather won't connect to update now. Every time I try to update it, it says "There was a connection error while attempting to download weather data. Retry?". If I select "yes", the same thing happens again. I've tried restarting my phone and it still didn't work.

I tried installing the cab on page 1, but it did nothing.

===========
EDIT:

So now my manilla weather is working. I don't know what the problem with that was.

I think the DST problem is with manilla. I further inspected my calender appointments and noticed that ONLY the recurring appts. were 1 hour later than they should be.

My simple fix for this is this:
(FYI: I did all of this in the current month)
-Select the day of a recurring appointment
-Select the appointment itself
-Select "Menu" then "Edit ALL instances" of it
-Change the "Occurs" option to "once"
-Select the "Starts" date
-Change the date to the current week, then select the day the appointment usually occurs on (so if your appt. occurs every Tues @ 1:15pm, select the current week's Tuesday).
-Select "ok" to finish editing
-An error message should pop up that reads "We're sorry. A problem has occurred with manila.exe" Send the data to MS, if you want. Or don't send it. Choose "done" after you've made your decision.
-Your screen should now be at the current week, on the day of your recurring appt (that you just changed to occur once).
-Select the appointment itself, again edit it to be recurring.
-Select "Menu" then "Edit"
-Change the "Occurs" option back to "Every..."
-Select "OK" when done.

This seemed to fix it for me. I had to do this for ALL my recurring appointments, but they now display the correct times.

When I pass a Prius, I downshift to let them know that I'm the one offsetting their carbon footprint.

Last edited by spcrxracer; 03-15-2010 at 01:23 PM.