PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

bsweetness is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Good Bye touch pro 2

I recently made the switch to Android as well after being with Windows Mobile for many years. The Touch Pro 2 is a great phone, and the physical keyboard is second to none (which is the main thing I miss), but I'm really enjoying the Droid more than any new phone I've had in quite awhile (even though the physical keyboard is awful...but it's better than nothing). Windows Mobile hasn't lost me completely though. 7 looks very, very interesting.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you had to do what you had to do my friend. good luck on your new droid endeavors. but you don't have to totally go away and be a stranger...we have the htc hero forum.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

solarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsolarflarex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hero licks balls.. you'll be back to a real device maybe hd2? nobody really needs a hw kb anymore with swype now do they?
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Android VIP

95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Why not just use one of our Android ports for the TP2 listed in the android sub forum?
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

although the android port is amazing... if someone wants only android, then obviously they're better off getting the full experience with everything working. for the rest of us who want to switch back and forth, it's good though.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: rogers

maedhros is keeping up the good workmaedhros is keeping up the good work

I really like 6.5. BUT I HATE wp7s.

So what can I do?

I have to go to Android. Next phone will be a desire, or else I would have gotten a hd2.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:30 PM
Android VIP

95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP95-civic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
although the android port is amazing... if someone wants only android, then obviously they're better off getting the full experience with everything working. for the rest of us who want to switch back and forth, it's good though.
Or you can buy an HTC Vogue off ebay and load the 100% complete flashable android rom.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

michaelj1981 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

did u have to start a new contract period ? if not then for $79.99 which is peanuts, i would to have given it a try ... but like mjh8812 says & im also in the same mind frame . . . gotta have a keyboard !
I actually had to get a 2 year contract but seriously its fine. I mean for the past 3 years i only bought 1 phone. Got free upgrades for the past 2 years. I thought for 79.99 why not i mean the worse case i could just wait 2 years and get a kicked ass one.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95-civic View Post
Why not just use one of our Android ports for the TP2 listed in the android sub forum?

I tried that and it didn't work as well on my phone.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
you had to do what you had to do my friend. good luck on your new droid endeavors. but you don't have to totally go away and be a stranger...we have the htc hero forum.
I saw that and before i ventured off to find a forum more dedicated to android i went on here. There really much info there and stuff. But I do like this site alot, and i will be here but not as much as i used to be. I mean i had it RSS feeds for this waiting every day for wm6.5 i did flash phone to a custom rom. But i did restore it back to its factory settings and locked it.

THe anroid forum will be rss feeds for my phone. This is like my second family. but i just wont be on that much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2