PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 01:25 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: SERO + Company Discount = NO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
When i got my sero line ( i got it by a TOL) one th 2nd day i called in rententions and said im thinking of dropping my account as sprint didnt seem to have any fav five like tmobile and i needed that. The rep was like oh no problem we have pick 3 and we can give it to u for free , i ofcourse was waiting for that accepted and i still have it today.
How long ago was that? I tried several times and they would not add the Pick3 for free even though I have it on my other line for free. They all said it is now only available for $5. Which is dumb because the Pick5 is $5.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just got my SERO bill from Sprint in my email today. After having a 20% discount since 2001, which carried over when I switched to SERO, now all of a sudden the discount is gone!

I had read about certain discounts being eliminated, but I thought that was only for extra lines. Before I call Sprint, does anyone know what's going on?
Old 08-22-2010, 02:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

joe.stay is just getting started

Have you upgraded your device recently?
Old 08-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe.stay View Post
Have you upgraded your device recently?
I became eligible for the two year $150 upgrade on August 1, but I haven't upgraded my phone or renewed my contract yet. I'm waiting to see what happens on October 1.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touchpro2
Carrier: sprint

mrlazy is a n00b

what about sero clone plans? there were some made with fair and flexible like mine and i have corp discount on it? wonder how they will deal with it if i was to do that oct 1st 10 dollar add ons...
Old 08-23-2010, 04:35 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
I just got my SERO bill from Sprint in my email today. After having a 20% discount since 2001, which carried over when I switched to SERO, now all of a sudden the discount is gone!

I had read about certain discounts being eliminated, but I thought that was only for extra lines. Before I call Sprint, does anyone know what's going on?
what are you worried about? you have a SERO plan now, do you really need that discount??

and read through the thread.. its all about not being able to have a corp discoun t on sero lol
Old 08-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
what are you worried about? you have a SERO plan now, do you really need that discount??

and read through the thread.. its all about not being able to have a corp discoun t on sero lol
I think he had the SERO with the discount maybe.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

CarlL is a n00b

I have had SERO and a 25% corporate discount since the original SERO came out. Got some upgrades over the years like 7PM, etc. and then upgraded to TP2 this past February. Bought the TP2 from a guy in town and the local Sprint store did the change over. I am still long out of contract and pay only $25.13 for SERO.

I use the TP2 in US and overseas with prepaid cards and have no reason to rock the discount boat by upgrading to an Android phone that I can't use in Europe.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post

Update: I called Sprint last night and talked to a very nice lady in Virginia. She said they are running audits on accounts and mine was tagged as having a double discount, one for being on SERO itself and another for the corporate discount.

If you still have a corporate discount SERO, consider yourself lucky, but don't be surprised if/when it goes away in the next month or so.

She did confirm the October 1 change to allow Android phones on SERO and recommended that I keep what I have and upgrade then.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Pandaman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by l21matt View Post
Call me stupid, please! but what the hello operator does SERO mean?
SERO has stood for two things over time.

Long ago, in ancient history, SERO stood for...
Sprint Employee Referral Offer.

Now SERO officially stands for...

Seperating Employee Retention Offer...
https://www.sprint.com/webconversion...thing_Plus.pdf

It's the exact same plan as the original SERO but now only offered to employees that are leaving. But if you had SERO in the beginning when all you needed to know was someone's email address at Sprint to qualify, then you're still in!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2