PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 04:33 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Dr. Squishy reviews Energy ROM, Mighty ROM

I cant make my owm rom. But i can tell u if u want a fast stable WM 6.5 Sense 2.5 rom for Sprint then try Decks S3 R9 or R9.5 rom.The only difference is the R9.5 rom has the ereader tab on the bottom slider.Its a very fast,stable,rom.Ive used Decks Rseries roms for a long time and ive only ever dicovered one bug that has since been resolved in his newer builds.But if u want to try the newest Windows Mobile technology,the 6.5.X builds with Sense 2.5 then i would suggest the Plutonium V2 rom.Its build # is 23540 and ive been using it for about a week and it is the fastest,most stable WM 6.5.X rom that i have ever used.And yes i am one of those guys who will flash a rom or three a week to test out the newer or updated roms.Ive tried pretty much every rom on ppcgeeks at one time or another,and those are my favorite 2 roms for the TP2.But i like the Sense 2.5 roms which some claim arent as stable as the Sense 2.1 roms.but these days the Sense 2.5 roms are very stable,fast,and plenty reliable enough for daily use.Besides i dont like Sense 2.1 anymore.Right now im running the Plutonium V2 rom with WM 6.5.X and Sense 2.5.2012 and i am using Maxmanila 3.0 and it is compatible,even though Maxmanila 3.0 is supposed to be compatible with sense 2.5.2011.Maxmanila 3.0 wasnt compatible with Decks R9 or R9.5 roms that both have Sense 2.5.2012.But the Plutonium V2 rom with a WM 6.5.X build(23540) with Sense 2.5.2012 is compatible with Maxmanila 3.0, transparent fliplock, custom bottom slider that has the reader tab included(blue ash transparent slider),a custom CDMA bilboBrian 6.5.X taskbar,and alot of other customizations.and so far its running great with good memory and battery usage.And until i can cook my own roms im going to continue to customize the look of every rom to my liking with cab and zip files and try different roms.But so far my 2 favorite rom series is Decks R8.5(last of Decks roms thats compatible with Maxmanila 3.0),R9, and R9.5.But if u like the finger friendly 6.5.X rom builds then i like the Plutonium V2 rom.Both roms will need some setup but no more than the setup needed for my TouchDiamond,or Touch Pro,or Touch Pro 2.the rom is usually just up to ur specific taste.Try a few and see which u like the best.Thats what ive been doing.And ive been lookingfor a few months for a TP2 rom that i really love.The 420 rom looks very promising except for the cookiemonster app thats cooked in and the fact that its still in the apha stage and therefore rather buggy.But the 420 roms customizations look great and it is one of the nicest looking,clean and very customized look.The ETA for the rom is 4-20-10,hopefully.And i hope he removes the cookie monster app and just leaves it the regular Sense 2.5.No CookieMonster app.It ruins the the rom for me,but thats just because the cookiemonster app is not attractive and it tends to make the slider lag and it tends to make the links load slower.especialy with all of the quicklinks filled in with apps and programs.Its more trouble than its worth.Maxmanila is cool tho.And both cookiemonster and maxmanila can be installed via cab so that one can customize the rom to their liking.

Last edited by lbcary; 03-02-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVo
Carrier: J-Skee Mobility

jskee35 is keeping up the good workjskee35 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jskee35 Send a message via Yahoo to jskee35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
last time i checked... My rom is more like a Lamborghini, while the other is just a suped up honda civic with a giant wing on it

nice story though! lol
LMAO! Ur a funny dude hehe

WELCOME TO THE COWBOYS DEZ!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

willyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIPwillyjay is a VIP

This had me laughing so much, people walking by my desk were like "wtf"....thanks, I needed a good laugh!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMike View Post
last time i checked... My rom is more like a Lamborghini, while the other is just a suped up honda civic with a giant wing on it

nice story though! lol
I agree with this totally! But don't hate on Hondas!

Don't click me
Old 03-02-2010, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to muzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejdee View Post
Dr. Squishy,
I can understand some of your issues; however I’ve become a flash junkie. Keep changing my rom as new ones come out. As most of us know, a lot of the roms are beta and will contain some bugs. Guess you can say we are the debuggers. On could stay with Sprint 6.1 no bugs, well very few and not get all they can out of their phones. Now if you want to be on the cutting edge, lots of graphic and push the phone to the limits. You will have to endure a few problems. The chefs really put in a lot of work. To them I tip my hat. On another note, you will find the guys who are cooking one to two versions roms are more stable. I have a TP and TP2. The latter is my business phone and need it to be stable. The other I play with. Flash rom after rom. Thank goodness for a good backup program. My goal is to keep reading, flashing until I get a handle on how to cook and then I will burn my own rom to my liking. Overall I enjoyed reading your post and look forward to your next adventure…
I did notice a little of "tounge in cheek" here...didn't everyone? I have seen is normal post on NRG's and they were pretty normal. I enjoyed it and really think he likes the chefs. I'm still lost at timesand still prefer a cab to reg edits (reg edits scare me). I don't mind any cab installs. I can now boot from SD or from the update utility. It was alot more overwhelming a few weeks back. Personally I love love the latest Energy w/ Cookie and Neodium 8.5... I might even try?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This is exactly why Im EVEN afraid of flashing a rom!

I personally dont have the time or energy to be fixing cooked roms. Eventhough its very tempting!
Old 03-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
I cant make my owm rom. But i can tell u if u want a fast stable WM 6.5 Sense 2.5 rom for Sprint then try Decks S3 R9 or R9.5 rom.The only difference is the R9.5 rom has the ereader tab on the bottom slider.Its a very fast,stable,rom.Ive used Decks Rseries roms for a long time and ive only ever dicovered one bug that has since been resolved in his newer builds.But if u want to try the newest Windows Mobile technology,the 6.5.X builds with Sense 2.5 then i would suggest the Plutonium V2 rom.Its build # is 23540 and ive been using it for about a week and it is the fastest,most stable WM 6.5.X rom that i have ever used.And yes i am one of those guys who will flash a rom or three a week to test out the newer or updated roms.Ive tried pretty much every rom on ppcgeeks at one time or another,and those are my favorite 2 roms for the TP2.But i like the Sense 2.5 roms which some claim arent as stable as the Sense 2.1 roms.but these days the Sense 2.5 roms are very stable,fast,and plenty reliable enough for daily use.Besides i dont like Sense 2.1 anymore.Right now im running the Plutonium V2 rom with WM 6.5.X and Sense 2.5.2012 and i am using Maxmanila 3.0 and it is compatible,even though Maxmanila 3.0 is supposed to be compatible with sense 2.5.2011.Maxmanila 3.0 wasnt compatible with Decks R9 or R9.5 roms that both have Sense 2.5.2012.But the Plutonium V2 rom with a WM 6.5.X build(23540) with Sense 2.5.2012 is compatible with Maxmanila 3.0, transparent fliplock, custom bottom slider that has the reader tab included(blue ash transparent slider),a custom CDMA bilboBrian 6.5.X taskbar,and alot of other customizations.and so far its running great with good memory and battery usage.And until i can cook my own roms im going to continue to customize the look of every rom to my liking with cab and zip files and try different roms.But so far my 2 favorite rom series is Decks R8.5(last of Decks roms thats compatible with Maxmanila 3.0),R9, and R9.5.But if u like the finger friendly 6.5.X rom builds then i like the Plutonium V2 rom.Both roms will need some setup but no more than the setup needed for my TouchDiamond,or Touch Pro,or Touch Pro 2.the rom is usually just up to ur specific taste.Try a few and see which u like the best.Thats what ive been doing.And ive been lookingfor a few months for a TP2 rom that i really love.The 420 rom looks very promising except for the cookiemonster app thats cooked in and the fact that its still in the apha stage and therefore rather buggy.But the 420 roms customizations look great and it is one of the nicest looking,clean and very customized look.The ETA for the rom is 4-20-10,hopefully.And i hope he removes the cookie monster app and just leaves it the regular Sense 2.5.No CookieMonster app.It ruins the the rom for me,but thats just because the cookiemonster app is not attractive and it tends to make the slider lag and it tends to make the links load slower.especialy with all of the quicklinks filled in with apps and programs.Its more trouble than its worth.Maxmanila is cool tho.And both cookiemonster and maxmanila can be installed via cab so that one can customize the rom to their liking.
That key with the little arrow on it pointing down then left is the ENTER key...

I may not have helped, but you can click "Thanks" anyway!

Last edited by gspitman; 03-02-2010 at 06:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspitman View Post
That key with the little arrow on it pointing down then left is the ENTER key...
ROTFL!! (I can't even imagine trying to actually read that post)

~John
Old 03-02-2010, 06:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I'd say all the people who aren't making their own roms aren't very bright . Making a rom is pretty easy. You take things other people develop (HTC, MS, people at xda who actually make mods, etc.) and use tools someone else developed (bepe, ervius, etc.) to put them together. People seem to think making ROMs requires magic or something.

Good read Squishy! I remember when I first got my phone being all excited when mike (had to be his ROM...it had the most posts...must be the best ) was going to release a new rom (at MIDNIGHT no less!). Then I learned how to make my own and now I just look back and laugh lol.
Exactly how I started, mwalt, and at about the same time ... what a ride it has been! And to you, Doctor Squishy ... thank you for making my day.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
If you answered yes to these questions, then you're probably technically minded like myself
If you ask a series of questions that take the form of two different alternatives (for example, "Do you prefer beer or do you like wine more?") then expect anyone to answer "yes" or "no," then you spent too little time paying attention in English class.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
energy, mighty, punch rom