PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 05:57 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: its march! whos ready for touchxperience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
It doesn't look like NRG will be using it anytime soon. If you look at the last post in the thread at xda, it seems that he's fed up with this donationaware crap as am I. If it was for testing then the people testing it are paying to help him out. Why not just have people test it for free and charge for the final product?
I think if it were to be given away freely to test, that there would be nothing standing in the way of those who wish to rip off or steal ideas.
This way it is somewhat controlled, as there are specific keys tied to each users device. Not to mention the time that goes into developing such a thing.
A person could easily run themselves to the poor house, if they spend much of their time on something, and then just give it away freely.

Anyhow, I won't argue one way or the other on that.
I know the time and effort that goes into these types of projects, and the simple fact of the matter, is that he doesn't have to share it now, or ever with anyone, for that matter.

If all he asks for is a small donation for all his time and work, I don't feel that he is asking too much! Users have gotten to try it by donating as little as 5 EUROS!
That's not very much to pay, to try something out early, if you are really interested, IMO!

Yes it would be great if all applications for Mobile and desktop were free, but that isn't ever gonna be realistic!

But there will always be a difference of opinions to this type of setup.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

I couldn't agree more with you on getting some return for his investment(time). The problem I have is when people claim that it's free so that they can post their work on xda to get around the no paid for apps rule. I like how the developers of G-alarm went about their work. They posted the betas first for free so that the public could test them and report the bugs. After the bugs were worked out then they made it a paid for app that I'm sure is making them money.

Touch Xperience is a completely awsome UI. Once the bugs are worked out then he will be able to charge close to what SPB charges ($30) and it will be well worth it. If he made it a public beta then the bugs would get worked out much quicker and he would be able to charge for it sooner.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Its not in the startup folder is there any way to make it stop trying to open on start up?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2