View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 05:57 PM
santod
"MODS"

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: its march! whos ready for touchxperience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racemepls View Post
It doesn't look like NRG will be using it anytime soon. If you look at the last post in the thread at xda, it seems that he's fed up with this donationaware crap as am I. If it was for testing then the people testing it are paying to help him out. Why not just have people test it for free and charge for the final product?
I think if it were to be given away freely to test, that there would be nothing standing in the way of those who wish to rip off or steal ideas.
This way it is somewhat controlled, as there are specific keys tied to each users device. Not to mention the time that goes into developing such a thing.
A person could easily run themselves to the poor house, if they spend much of their time on something, and then just give it away freely.

Anyhow, I won't argue one way or the other on that.
I know the time and effort that goes into these types of projects, and the simple fact of the matter, is that he doesn't have to share it now, or ever with anyone, for that matter.

If all he asks for is a small donation for all his time and work, I don't feel that he is asking too much! Users have gotten to try it by donating as little as 5 EUROS!
That's not very much to pay, to try something out early, if you are really interested, IMO!

Yes it would be great if all applications for Mobile and desktop were free, but that isn't ever gonna be realistic!

But there will always be a difference of opinions to this type of setup.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 2 times.