PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 02:29 PM
jcjr81

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Current TP2 owners--Best and Worst Phone

Best phone was a 32gb iPhone 3gs. Worst phone would probably be the original Instinct. It was the first phone that I had high expectations for. Everything before that was just for calls. I thought it would be the bees knees, but I ended up disappointed.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald View Post
Best device is the hp ipaq hx4700. First ppc I bought with my own money. Was totally worth it and what got me into ppcs in general. Now I can never go back to anything less.
That was a damn good PDA wasn't it? I had the hx4705 & I loved that thing. It's also what got me into PPCs. As far as PDAs go that was my best PDA by far. IMO it was vastly underappreciated.

My favorite phone ever had to have been my old Mogul. I know lots of people loved to hate on the poor old mogul, but DAMN I loved that thing. In fact I've been trolling craigslist for a good deal on one to hoard as a backup(that's my excuse for all the old phones that I buy). My dream phone now would be an HD2 with a mini-joystick & a Mogul-esque scroll wheel.

Worst phone was probably... I'm gonna have to say my old sidekick 2. It did what it did well, but it was so damn limited and it was like the signature phone of wiggers, sext-crazy skanks, & douchebags.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 03-01-2010, 02:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

My best phone is probably the mogul, worst would be..

Motorola M3188/Motorola cd920/Motorola M3688

one of those 3 above..don't exactly remember which but ti was on t-mobile around 1998 or 1999 i think...you guys and your fancy touch screens >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-01-2010, 02:53 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

my worst phone was the nextel i880. it was heavy (but which of nextel phones are light?) and couldn't keep up with me when texting. meaning that often times when im typing in my message, the phone just couldn't process and will automatically shut off. making me have to go through the whole process again. also add to this the free phones that pacific bell gave out for free back in 1999 for being a landline subscriber. forgot what the model was but just about the ugliest phone i've ever had but it was free...lol.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 WM6.1
Carrier: verizon

tmanner is just getting started

best-definetly my mogul. introduced me to the ppc idea. worst-touch pro. it wasnt even mine, it was my fiance's, but it pissed her off so bad that it pissed ME off!
Old 03-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natataka View Post
worst phone ever. Sprint Samsung 3500. this pos broke all the time. i must have replaced it 4 time.

LOL...same exact phone I started Sprint with it. That thing was horrible! I moved to a Sanyo 4900 then later to a Sanyo 8200 and picked up huge amounts of native Sprint coverage that I missed on the Samsung.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
Best phone ever before my TP and TP2 was my workhorse... Motorola Startac. Small (wearable was the claim) Holster design... Dropped a million times never stopped working. Got reception EVERYWHERE. Became a "smartphone" with the addition of the clip on organizer. Replaced the antenna with a metal one a blue led one and a black one and even a big thumb screw from the back of a PC case (for that industrial look) lol.
I absolutely loved it. Still have the organizer and like 3 extra batteries if anyone is interested. lol
p.
as a dumb phone that is instantly my favorite. Before verizon became verizon cellular 123 had it and my dad went through those like water. But it was ahead of its time clearly. One of the first phones to not only connect to yahoo messenger (in 1997!), but also sent text messaging on a limited capacity. The orange and black I will never forget...it was just epic!

As for my best phone...

I want to say the touch hd2 (it is a demon and my sister has it) but I can't. I will say the samsung i730. Not only was it my first winmo device, but for goodness sakes, it was just awesome. Thick, yes, but it did so much and it lasted its 2 year shelf life. And unfortunately, not many figured out how to put 6.0/6.1 on the device. But it was nothing like htc, which was buggy as ever at the time.

Worst phone I will say one many will look strange at me for but the htc touch. I hated the lack of keyboard, the small keys on the onscreen keyboard. And even with touchflo2d, I never felt at home with the device. Android was okay on it but otherwise, it was forgettable. Some irony is that I did use the device with android again and I was mildly impressed. But then I tried to type on it and I was frustrated. Shades of when I needed a keyboard for marketing a city program here. Wow...memories
Old 03-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Best was my nokia E90. I used it longer than any other to date, although I expect my tp2 to be in use longer.
Worst was a tmobile SDA. Worst ever phone imo.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECA View Post
Best phone ever before my TP and TP2 was my workhorse... Motorola Startac. Small (wearable was the claim) Holster design... Dropped a million times never stopped working. Got reception EVERYWHERE. Became a "smartphone" with the addition of the clip on organizer. Replaced the antenna with a metal one a blue led one and a black one and even a big thumb screw from the back of a PC case (for that industrial look) lol.
I absolutely loved it. Still have the organizer and like 3 extra batteries if anyone is interested. lol
p.
man, I agree 100%.

I had the exact same setup and it was indestructable....

~John
Old 03-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Worst being the Sprint Mogul, great as my intro to Smartphones but the lack of available memory made itself choke often. The best being the Sanyo 4500, the first phone available to do text messaging, video and newer picture mail on Sprint. I had found it after 2+ years of storage and the battery still had a charge and turned on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2