PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Re: some info on my expirience with verizon customer service *may be helpful*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
deadwrong...if it's a hardware issue, it shouldn't matter (though you may need to argue with someone on the phone for a while first)...if it's an issue like "the phone won't boot anymore and gets stuck at this rainbow screen"...which is the boot loader...and they find you altered the software on it, with an unlocker, or a custom rom...then that IS grounds for them to deny your warranty claim...but you can re-lock the phone too, so it's not a big deal.
well im trying to send my phone in now for a replacement my phone keeps getting the headphones stuck on the screen almost everytime i plug my phone on the charger, and the charging port is kinda loose.

i flashed back to stock verizon rom, but now when i downloaded the relocker i extract the .exe file but when i double click it nothing happens on the phone or the computer the computer acts like its about to open something but nothing pops up and nothing happens on the phone is that how the relocker is suppose to work? how can i check if its relocked successfully?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tzx3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
well im trying to send my phone in now for a replacement my phone keeps getting the headphones stuck on the screen almost everytime i plug my phone on the charger, and the charging port is kinda loose.

i flashed back to stock verizon rom, but now when i downloaded the relocker i extract the .exe file but when i double click it nothing happens on the phone or the computer the computer acts like its about to open something but nothing pops up and nothing happens on the phone is that how the relocker is suppose to work? how can i check if its relocked successfully?
i dont think ive ever had to use a relocker before, so im not entirely sure, but from what i understand, you should be able to tell by what the bootloader says when you put it into the bootloader manualy via the button sequence.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138

Sepaking on this, I had a good laugh a few weeks ago. I called looking for help with my issue with my TP2 (stock Verizon 6.5 Rom) grabbing every single one of my Yahoo emails (12000 of them) and then locking up perminantly...needing a hard reset. The tech told me that the TP2 wasn't programmed to handle Yahoo mail, that I would have to use Outlook, or Gmail. When I told him it worked fine of the older Verizon rom, he told me I should look for a custom romset that might work. A Verizon tech actually told me TO flash a custom rom.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponicg View Post
Once again - Flashing a ROM cannot and will not void your hardware warranty. For the dense among us Flashing a ROM cannot and will not void your hardware warranty

Let me explain why, once again. The ROM is what essentially amounts to software. If, as in this instance, your end key is not working Verizon(or Sprint, etc) can not (legally) tell you that they won't fix your device because you installed custom software. If you installed Beejive or Opera Mobile 10 Beta, would you expect them to deny you warranty coverage on a physical hardware issue? If you bought a Dell computer that came with Windows XP, and you installed Ubuntu, would you expect Dell not to cover bad RAM or a faulty CPU?

Enough spreading nonsense. Unless you can show us where in the warranty it is stated, Mag-Moss and the analogous computer model(which has been tested) trump heresay.
Actually it can void your HTC warranty...

Quote:
(d)Damage resulting from connection to, or use of any accessory or other product not approved or
authorized by the Company;
HTC Warranty Statement P. 217 [pdf]

HTC can accurately argue that the HSPL-UNLOCKER AND the Custom ROM are both software not approved by the company and your problems are a result of those software changes.

Add to that the fact that you are NOT allowed to reverse engineer the encryption that prevents you from flashing a custom ROM in the first place...

Might want to read up on the DMCA.

As stated earlier, it is a lot smarter and safer to just flash back to stock and not risk the headaches.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2