PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Re: Official Favorite cabs Thread

Virtual D-Pad for WVGA Devices

File under: News
By: CJ Lippstreu | Date: 5-Apr-10 | 1 Comments</STRONG>

D-Pads are becoming less common on Windows phones these days, especially HTC devices. This doesn't necessarily mean that everybody's content with them missing. In fact, we've seen more than a fair share of solutions for implementing D-Pad functions on devices that lack this hardware feature. At one point or another, the accelerometer, volume rocker, and zoom bar have all been tweaked for D-Pad usage by the folks at XDA-developers. Well, there's yet another option for those who miss having a D-Pad on phones like the HTC Touch Pro2 and HD2.

"Virtual D-Pad" is an onscreen D-Pad that stays afloat on all screens. It's pretty basic, but gets the job done. It has 7 functions: up, down, left, right, enter/action, close and drag. Seeing how this utility can take up valuable onscreen real estate while in use, the latter function can be quite useful - just drag and drop the pad wherever you'd like by holding on the pointer icon.

I've actually mapped this tool to a hardware key, so that I can quickly activate it whenever it's needed. It pops up in a second and I can simply press the exit button once I'm done with it. The creator is looking for feedback to see if it's worth developing any further, so be sure to drop him a line if you're interested. I, for one, would like to see long press D-Pad actions added, as that would bring it another step closer to emulating the real thing. Get the first release (CAB) from XDA-developers (WVGA version).

Original Link: http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/vi...r-wvga-devices
.................................................. .................................................. .....................

I cant speak from experiance as I have never tried this perticular app, but I have tried many of the ones mentioned, and while they where all good apps, they missed one or a few things in functionality. So with that said if you would like a new option or would like to try something new that was missing on our device here you go. Just wanted to share this as I have always thought it would be nice to have a vertual D-Pad, if I was a good enough developer I would have created it myself, but im still just a student
Old 04-06-2010, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuffhellcat2007 knows their stuff

Overclock TP2 speed. Install>soft reset>run>check off the dynamic something or other>pick highest speed> save or apply. Soft reset and your off. Really improves menus and Touch Flo speed.
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_Performance.cab (138.1 KB, 588 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JustLok is becoming a great contributor
Re: Favorite cabs thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfong View Post
JustLok,

I owe you a huge thanks for this information, and of course I clicked the button.

Apart from being a nice keyboard, this one works with WinMo's classic word completion (for some reason I strongly prefer that to HTC XT9).

The stock Full Qwerty cannot work with classic word completion because once you run the cab file to turn to classic completion, the qwerty keyboard gets stuck in the numerical mode.

But this keyboard works.

Thanks again.
No problem buddy, glad it works for you!

I like how you can customize the colors on the keyboard, a little bit of color does one good at times.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat2007 View Post
Overclock TP2 speed. Install>soft reset>run>check off the dynamic something or other>pick highest speed> save or apply. Soft reset and your off. Really improves menus and Touch Flo speed.
can you provide link w/ cab? i like 2 read up on it b4 i try it, thanks
Old 04-06-2010, 08:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

imaginethis1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
can you provide link w/ cab? i like 2 read up on it b4 i try it, thanks
i actually tried this about 20 minutes ago. it might make your 2.5 a little smoother, but i'm running 2.1, and really don't want to risk it because it's running great already. it raises your processor speed to around 630 mhz. to be honest i don't remember exactly but it was in the lower half of the 600s.

there is also a warning about possible white screens, lock ups, and hardware damage (not covered by warranty). i'm not dissing this app, but i'm just not a big risk taker on such an expensive device is all.

hope that helped a littttttle bit.

2.1 ROMS on TP2 FTW!! SPEED SPEED SPEED!!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

awenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawenthol is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcat2007 View Post
Yeah..umm...I'm not seeing any difference..
Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Sorry to be the one that bursts everybodies bubble but that HTC Performance cab has been around forever and it does not work on the Qualcomm processor.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cfong is just getting started
application run manager

I wonder if anyone knows of an application that can start and end another application at certain time.

Specifically, I would like to run the stock tracking app called "ticker tape" at say, 9:30AM when the market opens and end it at 4PM when the market closes, every week day. I wish there is a app that allows me to schedule the run and end-of-run of other apps.

Thanks,
Old 04-07-2010, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you guys wanna overclock your tp2s check these links out... im not gonna post the .cabs out of respect to the developer.

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...ockViewer.aspx

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/pag...ckControl.aspx

start with those... and read as much as you can... unfortunately overclocking our devices isnt as easy as it was with the 6700.. good luck
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:52 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: application run manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfong View Post
I wonder if anyone knows of an application that can start and end another application at certain time.

Specifically, I would like to run the stock tracking app called "ticker tape" at say, 9:30AM when the market opens and end it at 4PM when the market closes, every week day. I wish there is a app that allows me to schedule the run and end-of-run of other apps.

Thanks,
maybe g alarm

lets you choose launch of app at certain time or was it g profile, i cant remember but 1 of those prolly help you out in at least launch of app (not sure if it can close it thou)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2