PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What are you planning to do when Windows Phone 7 is released?
Buying a wm7 Phone 113 33.73%
Switching to andriod or another os 66 19.70%
Sticking with wm6.5 55 16.42%
Not sure 101 30.15%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you think of Windows Phone 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Damn Salty you were the biggest winmo advocate on the board... what happened
Microsoft lost their minds, that's what happened, lol. They turned WinMo into a poor iPhone imitation. If I wanted an iPhone, I'd buy an iPhone. I would not wait 3 years and then buy a crappy imitation.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Revisiting this thread, I see there are some ppl who have changed their tune remarkably since their militant days of bashing the old 6.1/6.5 ppl.

Might it be that the impending WP7 straight jacket is too straight for you all?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

i said i was buying a wp7 but after the recent release notes, i'm not going anywhere near it.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I know... I noticed that...just giving you a hard time! LOL!
I just don't understand why ppl tend to buy on rumor & sell on fact.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

mizofizo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mizofizo

I'm still excited for WP7! I'm the only one though....

No more having to build my own custom ROMs to remove all of the HTC crap and fix the issues with WM and then still have random weirdness....w00t!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizofizo View Post
I'm still excited for WP7! I'm the only one though....

No more having to build my own custom ROMs to remove all of the HTC crap and fix the issues with WM and then still have random weirdness....w00t!
android doesn't require custom roms and they still have usb hard drive, expandable memory, and COPY AND PASTE.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mizofizo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
android doesn't require custom roms and they still have usb hard drive, expandable memory, and COPY AND PASTE.
I've been using Android on my TP2 and know plenty of people who I've recommended Android to. Even though I use Google everything, I'm not a fan of Android. I think the UI leaves a lot to be desired. I hate the stupid menu button, I find it to be annoying. It slows down and needs to be reset sometimes just like WM.

I think WP7 has the best mobile UI out of all of the platforms right now. I don't use my phone as a thumb drive so that's not important to me. If I have 16+gigs of storage, I don't care about expandability. Copy and Paste isn't something I do so I won't miss it.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:56 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
I've been using Android on my TP2 and know plenty of people who I've recommended Android to. Even though I use Google everything, I'm not a fan of Android. I think the UI leaves a lot to be desired. I hate the stupid menu button, I find it to be annoying. It slows down and needs to be reset sometimes just like WM.

I think WP7 has the best mobile UI out of all of the platforms right now. I don't use my phone as a thumb drive so that's not important to me. If I have 16+gigs of storage, I don't care about expandability. Copy and Paste isn't something I do so I won't miss it.
I hate the iPhone with a passion and iPhone UI > Metro UI..it doesn't get any more straight forward then an iPhone as far as UI

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-17-2010, 05:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

SPB Mobile Shell is the best mobile interface, by far. And it will be on Android in the near future, and not on Win Phone.

We'll see how you feel about that storage when you get a new phone and try to transfer all the stuff off your old phone, and your only means is by using a zune interface to "sync" it to your computer and then you have to get it to your new phone form there.

I would much rather just take out my storage card, and put it in my new phone, with the worse case scenario being I connect my new phone as a flash drive, and my old phone as a flash drive, and quickly transfer the files from one to the other.

I don't need some zune software telling me what I can and can't "sync" to and from my phone.

And if my storage card gets full, I want to have the option to buy a new storage card without buying a whole new phone.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mizofizo is a n00b

It's funny how wrong you are. I already have a Zune....the Zune experience is excellent. It's only for media so that's the only reason you have to use it. All I have to do is plug in my phone, it'll suck down what I want from the Zune software. My contacts, texts, etc all sync to My Phone so when I login with my Live account, they'll all just appear on my phone as well.

Everything else from my TP2 doesn't/won't go to WP7 so no problem. Also, if you fill up your phone...delete some stuff from it. If people are so into hacking/modding/customizing their phones, surely they can do some simple tidying once in a while.

There's no reason to plug your phone into your computer anymore. That is entirely old fashioned like PalmOS and PocketPC. Embrace the future!

SPB is ugly and cluttered. I want simple and clean. I use Titanium right now but Metro is the perfect interface for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
SPB Mobile Shell is the best mobile interface, by far. And it will be on Android in the near future, and not on Win Phone.

We'll see how you feel about that storage when you get a new phone and try to transfer all the stuff off your old phone, and your only means is by using a zune interface to "sync" it to your computer and then you have to get it to your new phone form there.

I would much rather just take out my storage card, and put it in my new phone, with the worse case scenario being I connect my new phone as a flash drive, and my old phone as a flash drive, and quickly transfer the files from one to the other.

I don't need some zune software telling me what I can and can't "sync" to and from my phone.

And if my storage card gets full, I want to have the option to buy a new storage card without buying a whole new phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2