PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Help if you can, please. Sprint Troubles!

no...i have a $10 data plan on my sprint account, what i was saying was i did not have a simply everything data plan
Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

hanjamin300 is a n00b

Thanks Improve!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint Touch Pro 2)

i always get hung up on when i call retentions lol but yea man keep callin em and eventually some1 will help. i kept gettin replacements from sprint and it seemed each replacement kept getting worse. i ended up gettin a brand new tp2 for $199-$100 mail in rebate as a result. like the 1 guy said, jus keep callin and be polite and explain your issue. and just so u know, the managers/supervisors seem more willing/capable of making you happy
Old 02-11-2010, 11:01 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

for the phone to function as a phone, you just need to have a voice plan activated. since you are trying to upgrade to a ppc (or smartphone), it is now the norm for any phone carrier to "require" you to have a data plan with it. like everyone said, sprint can give you the phone and just add the optional data plan on top of your service plan. they're just trying to get you to a more expensive plan to make you pay more.

but you have to consider the b$o$t$t$o$m line tho. will it be cheaper to have a regular plan with data added on (if they do agree to give you this), or is it comparable to the cheapest all data plan they have (which is i think $70)? but do try to make it work out for you by trying to see if retentions can work their magic! good luck!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

You don't need the everything plan for this phone. All the windows mobile phones can be activated on Sprint with the grandfathered plans. (Old plans.) Just purchase the phone, and you can activate it yourself online. Trust me.

As far as the data goes, someone mentioned the phone has wifi so you can use that to access the internet. But I think you should get the unlimited data pack on the old plans...I think it is $15 but you can get it down to $10 if you talk to the retentions department nicely.

Goodluck, let us all know what happens.

Goodluck
Old 02-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

What I did was buy one on eBay and used my old Mogul grandfathered in account... with no questions asked I have it working and my web page shows I have a TP2.... Be careful on eBay, but there are a lot of checks and balances with PayPal.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G (Supersonic)

modembug is keeping up the good workmodembug is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to modembug Send a message via MSN to modembug Send a message via Yahoo to modembug

Verizon and Sprint have both seem to have gone down this path... Any WM phone that is running factory on WM6 or newer won't be activated without a data plan attached to it. Even if you bring your own phone into the equation (not directly purchased from the sprint store.). Its sad but true! I fought with Verizon and Sprint both on this issue (verizon for about 4 months, with no joy!)
Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

We have two TP2's on a SERO plan. One was a replacement for a Touch Pro 1 that was a replacement for a Mogul. The other is two weeks old.

The "Everything Plus Referral Plan" is the new version of SERO. It's more expensive now than the $30 that I pay for 500 minutes and unlimited data and text but includes stuff I don't get, such as navigation and TV. You need a Sprint employee's email address and last 3 digits of their employee ID. A quick search will locate the information of a Sprint vice president who has posted that information publicly.

You will devour data on a Touch Pro 2 and without an unlimited data plan that will impoverish you. If you can't afford the fuel, you can't afford the car. The same principle applies here.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

alarsuel is a n00b

Another Sprint TP2 user here without Everything Plan. Just unlimited data for 10 or 15 bucks. The TP2 is absolutely NOT one of the phones which requires an Everything Plan.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

TP2 or any WM phone for that matter require any data plan... thats the the luxury of any WM powered phone!

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2