PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

pwbarrett is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone plans to jump platform boat for HTC SuperSonic on Sprint?

I've been a Windows developer for 15 years and have tons of PocketPC apps, some that I've written myself. The HD2 seemed like my dream phone. But if Sprint gets the Supersonic with no signs of getting a comparable WM phone, I'll hate to do it, but I'm jumping ship to Android.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

tornadog is a n00b

I will never abandon ship as long as Sprint lets me keep my 3 lines on Sero...
Old 02-04-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
it doesn't upset you that this phone is coming out at the end of the year and it isn't even wimax capable?
naw, i dont really plan on getting a new phone untill winmo 7 is out anyway, or at least a well suited phone that can be upgraded to it, and this one seems to be good candidate and who knows, I could see them ending up making it wimax compatible; if LG is gonna try to make this phone one of, if not THE, best phones on the market spec wise, why leave out such a big part for a more advanced data network?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
That and the fact that itll probably cost a grand if those specs are even true
credit cards ftw , plus it's just one new phone a year so in that sense it's not that bad to go all out.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

I halfway jumped ship to Android. I have a Sprint TP2 and a Droid (Best Buy Mobile employees get sick-ass discounts!...eat that sero! Sorry, I'm a sero hater, just because I don't have it.)

This phone looks awe-see-moe! The only reason I'm hanging onto the TP2 is SlingPlayer and the Sim Card for Intl data. But once Sling comes out with an Android player and I get back from Afghanistan I'll never look back. I might have to dump my Droid though. I never use the keyboard. On screen is way faster and the keys are huge. And having two Android phones is pointless....unless I want to talk on one and surf the web on the other! Haha....I hate ATT commercials.
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
I halfway jumped ship to Android. I have a Sprint TP2 and a Droid (Best Buy Mobile employees get sick-ass discounts!...eat that sero! Sorry, I'm a sero hater, just because I don't have it.)

This phone looks awe-see-moe! The only reason I'm hanging onto the TP2 is SlingPlayer and the Sim Card for Intl data. But once Sling comes out with an Android player and I get back from Afghanistan I'll never look back. I might have to dump my Droid though. I never use the keyboard. On screen is way faster and the keys are huge. And having two Android phones is pointless....unless I want to talk on one and surf the web on the other! Haha....I hate ATT commercials.
I halfway jumped to Android when the Sprint Hero came out early at Best Buy i went and placed the full retail price on my Visa Card

I gotta say though Best Buy = FAIL service and attitute

I had this perky chick that became super bit*h when I asked her if i could just have her charge the phone onto my card and id set it up cause i was in somewhat of a rush

It was as if i threw her the bird or something, since she insisted with a snarky attitute to transfer contacts etc etc

worst experience ever. People walking around the little mobile center gawking at my new (unreleased) Hero which was okay,but this Best buy chick was going out of her way to try to keep it under some pieces of paper...

Im like this thing is supposed to sell eventually anyway..

What can i say i returned the cheap Sprint Hero that same day and got my money back. Ofcourse after booting the phone up and snapping a couple of pics, i decided it didint feel right and felt underpowered. I felt trapped inside an Andorid Sphere with orange walls and lame interface

Oh yea there was this dude employee that was giving me the eye because he thought i was hitting on his co worker since she was acting like a bit*h

Grrrrrrrrrr i hate Best Buy Mobile. This is after buying the Raphael and Sprint Hero from them over the past two years

Windows Mobile 7 and its intergrated infrastructure will be what keeps me sane, and if it takes switching to T-Mobile for the HD2 with its improved specs then so be it.

No One has be by the bawls like that, you hear me Sprint. No One
Old 02-04-2010, 05:17 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

lol its just funny to me how everyone is thinking windows 7 is just gonna come and set the world ablaze.. this is microsoft we're talking about here. I'm not waiting a whole year just to get my hopes let down.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
lol its just funny to me how everyone is thinking windows 7 is just gonna come and set the world ablaze.. this is microsoft we're talking about here. I'm not waiting a whole year just to get my hopes let down.
No so much that its going to set the world on fire but like i said above, To me in my opinion, I'd rather run with the infrastructure Microsoft has been working on to maintain an atmosphere of inter-usability between the OS versions and its Application catalog aswell as increasing their Developer base

Those dual Scorpion Cores and Snapdragons, Tegra 2 and Omap processors not to forget the mighty Armv8 are going to do Seven Mobile goood

I have seen the future my friends. And it is a good one
Old 02-04-2010, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2 -TO- HTC EVO 4G-TO-EVO 3D

yang704 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
Gotta say i always been WM user (had WM logo on my diaper-represent!), but upcoming HTC SuperSonic (on Sprint finally (i mean come one! last 4 greatest devices wobbled by Sprint like fat guy by a veggie stand)) might be the device to make me abandon the WM boat and join the lovable lucasbots. Anyone with me on that?

Here is all info(not 100% naturally) i found on HTC SuperSonic(a9292?)

4.3″ AMOLED touchscreen,
1GHZ SnapDragon
Android 2.1 with HTC Sence 2 UI
First device to come with WiMAX(4g)
Flip Out KickStand

I hope it has at least 1gb of RAM like TMo's HD2, anyone have any more/other info on it?

Sux.......it doesn't run WIndows MObile. I will pay my early termination fee and jump to T-mobile.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

bastian74 is becoming a great contributor

I don't see why anyone would switch from a keyboard phone to a non-keyboard phone.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - 6.5/MIGHTY ROM
Carrier: SPRINT SERO Win!

xylene is a n00b

On screen keyboards I've played with are ok but to me none compare to the awesome hardware KB of the TP2. Now an Android device with the TP2's body + a Snapdragon processor would make it much easier to jump ship.

The SuperSonic will no doubt be awesome but I will have to wait and see what WM7 has to offer. I have a really good feeling that Microsoft has been sleeping on Windows Mobile (6-6.5) to make way for developing 7 (To be debuted this month?) which will be a MONSTER and possible game changer. There is so much at stake here it would be insane of MS for this not to be the case.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2