PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 01:02 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you like the TP2 after couple months?

Still love mine. Nothing better for me on sprint. Got mine in September.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

youngnick09 is just getting started

I wish it had Android.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor

Bought from Sprint since Dec 2009, base entirely on specs I see because before I only have used phone with dialing function and know nothing about multifunction advance phones. Figured that good specs will allow me to do a lot. I love it so far, two big reasons are tethering/wifi router through use of custom rom and remote desktop. Dislikes the phone/HTC's dialing interface though, very easy to accidentally dial a number.

I know this thing has its limitation being an open source user myself (hope to run fully functional Android on it one day). Only thing I want more is faster and a higher resolution screen. Although I'm not sure how soon will that happen. I am not planning to upgrade phone until one with higher res than current 800x480. I would expect 960x576 as the next step up, probably not 1024x640 which is netbook territory. Another thing is I will only upgrade to one with a dedicated gpu, but that seems to be the trend now with expensive phones.

PS. I was very careful with the phone and I didn't find out the screen can tilt until 3 weeks into owning it, so an extra bonus.

Last edited by eksasol; 02-17-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:09 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I personally like my phone a lot. My only complaints would obviously be: want more ram, better processor and maybe more optimized Windows Mobile with extra customizations. Also..I kinda hopped there would be more HD applications out already..I know there is wmfix but I wish windows mobile handled the resolution a lot better then it does on some of the older apps. Also the sprint radio sucks so my phone resets itself randomly until they release the next radio..sigh...

If you think about it the phone was able to do everything I generally wanted to do so its still got my approval.

My guess my next phone will be an Android as WM7 gives me the creeps...that and I think Microsoft is gonna go out of business :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4
Carrier: Verizon

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I love it EXcept for the fact I keep on getting dropped calls for some reason around 4-5 min into the call. And I will be talking with other Companys like boost,verizon. It has gotten under my skin a few times.

I have always had Motorola and palm smartphones,
(BEFORE THEY WERE COOL) and regretibly 1 Blackberry.
I initially wanted the Palm Pro but verizon didn't stock it, and the new palms that verizon have just don't cut it for me.

anybody else have the dropped call problem ?
Old 02-17-2010, 11:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: SS Galaxy S3
Carrier: VZ

sunNsnow is a n00b

I've had it for two months and I'm happy so far (I came from a Blackberry and never used a WinMo phone, ever). Learning curve was a bit steep but this forum definitely made my life much easier. The keyboard on this phone is awesome (best ever after having the Pearl and the Tour), I like the TP2's web browsing abilities and that you can customize it. Finally, I love the fact that I no longer have to be dependent on Blackberry servers to be running properly for my emails to get to me (no more intermediaries).

My pet peeves with the phone: lack of out-of-the-box ring tone and inbox tone customizations. The programs I've tried so far have not been to my liking. And the battery life is shorter than a Blackberry (ugh). Despite that, I would not give up the TP2.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

I have been using it for about ten days....so far, I would have to say that it sucks. The constant freezes, lockups, lags, the excessive amount of non-responsiveness.....well they suck.

I am on a stock rom, and do not understand why so many freezes....I am afraid of even trying a custom one if the stock has so many problems.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:55 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewest View Post
I have been using it for about ten days....so far, I would have to say that it sucks. The constant freezes, lockups, lags, the excessive amount of non-responsiveness.....well they suck.

I am on a stock rom, and do not understand why so many freezes....I am afraid of even trying a custom one if the stock has so many problems.
As long as you don't get the flashy custom roms, the custom roms are more stable then stock. Try out the MightyRom for example.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 3 & Evo 5G

mikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good workmikewest is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
As long as you don't get the flashy custom roms, the custom roms are more stable then stock. Try out the MightyRom for example.

I think I will try the MightyRom then....Does MightyRom use TouchFlo? It seems like TouchFlo might be the biggest problem.

>>

OK it is installed... a few minor bugs so far...but might not be specific to the mightyrom, might be a 6.5 thing...a couple .cabs don't want to install using "the missing sync.

Nothing major, and not a single crash in past few hours, not since I installed it.

Last edited by mikewest; 02-17-2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: updated.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewest View Post
I think I will try the MightyRom then....Does MightyRom use TouchFlo? It seems like TouchFlo might be the biggest problem.
Mighty Mike has 2 threads: 1 for ROMS more like the stock rom but 6.5 and another with more bleeding edge roms 6.5.3 and newest versions of Sense/TouchFlo. I used his roms on my TP1 but I like bleeding edge so I use NRGZ roms. The new version of Sense/TFlo is much faster than what is on the stock Roms.

I really enjoy this phone. Great screen size, roomy KB. The only thing I really miss from the TP1 is the flash so I basically don't use the camera at all. Faster processor and more ram would be nice for a TP3, like the HD2 but with a KB. The rumored Supersonic looks good but doesn't have a KB so its a no go for me.

For the next few months, maybe even the rest of this year, I am all set with this phone.=D>

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2