PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 09:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Vzw

rube77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why don't Registry edits "stick"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeepit View Post
Wirelessly posted (Verizon TP2 Win 6.5 Sense 2.1: XV6875.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I installed that cab too while in airplane mode...no luck

+1 no luck here either
Old 01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6900SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rube77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeepit View Post
Wirelessly posted (Verizon TP2 Win 6.5 Sense 2.1: XV6875.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

I installed that cab too while in airplane mode...no luck

+1 no luck here either
When you say no luck does that mean that after you installed the CMKiller cab and it resets and then you make your reg edits and it resets again that your reg edits don't stick?
Old 01-12-2010, 10:23 PM
N00b
Carrier: Vzw

rube77 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6900SP)

When you say no luck does that mean that after you installed the CMKiller cab and it resets and then you make your reg edits and it resets again that your reg edits don't stick?
that is exactly true, at least for the resproxy reg edit, the others that I have made have stuck so far.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The new verizon rom must have a different guardian program. So far I have not found it.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Sneaky Verizon! Boo!
Old 01-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Sneaky Verizon! Boo!
Actually sneaky HTC because they would be the one who creates the program.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Actually sneaky HTC because they would be the one who creates the program.
You'll be surprised... Telus put a fake version of one of HTC's files in their radio in order to catch users that were tethering. Sometimes you come across a little surprise
Old 01-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

jerzeepit is a n00b

I don't know why they would block us from tweaking our phones. One of the main reasons I got mine is the personalization that can be done. Oh well, I'm sure one of the cooks on here will be able to figure this one out, we got some really smart people in this forum.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Has anyone found the same issue of Reg settings not sticking with any of the "aftertmarket" so to speak 6.5/Sense upgrade ROMS?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor

Incidentally, not all registry tweaks have apparently been affected.

I was able to perform the following tweaks that stuck:
- Getting rid of HTC Notification manager on top taskbar, replacing with standard 6.5 notifications
- Small task manager
- Remove Locked HTC Start Menu / Programs tab Items
- Opera (and ActiveSync) in Task Manager
In addition to these tweaks which I did manually myself, several others for which I have .cabs also worked fine, including replacing the 6.5 Start Menu/putting the HTC Start Menu in tabs...

Anyway, you guys get the point. This registry issue seems to be targeting only a few particular settings and isn't global. To me, that's even more puzzling. Most users don't tweak these and all Vzw has to do is to tell its users that do that they're on their own unless they do a hard reset. But I guess each call costs them a little bit.

Last edited by constitutionalist; 01-14-2010 at 07:48 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2