PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

OK... if I've done this correctly, I've attached four .cabs that might help a few here. They are not mine, I've pulled them from other sources here and on XDA... but they've worked for me, so passing them along.

The first is a transparant clock background, which leaves only the flip clock panels as in 6.1. It seems to be a necessity if you're using a transparant flip clock.

The next if a reversed white on black flipclock from Santod. Not transparent, but looks and works great if you keep the clock background.

The third is a transparent flip click from Santod, with silvery-white numbers. Looks perfect with the background removed with the first .cab.

Lastly a flip click fix for the strange, but normal, hour and minute flipping animation.

***Remember when installing flip clocks or removing the background, other manilla tweeks: Turn off Manila, install, reset/turn on Manila. With this proceedure, and installing these items in the order that I've provided, they work great. Install out of order and/or install while Manila is running and they go all funky.***

Everything else seems to be working OK. The only things I have on my wish-list:

1) Working background for all .cab.

2) A completely clear Crystal flip clock (just like the transparent one I provided, but with transparent numbers, too).

3) Transparent outlined slider.

4) The Kuroi "blackey" slider icons like I had in 6.1, foud here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=564565

And lastly a question: Anyone else experience "wake up" ussues since the update? I've had it happen a couple times now. The top screen power button fails to wake up the device. Pushing the red "Power/End" button brings up the green arrow on screen indicating that the screen in turned off, but the button on top still fails to wake the device. I have to soft reset. I've heard of this before, but never experienced it with 6.1. Any help with my wish list, or the wake-up issue would be greatlt appreciated.

Last edited by msh441; 01-09-2010 at 07:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:30 PM
MPS
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

MPS is a n00b

I am having a problem with the "My Location" selection with the VZW 6.5 rom. It is selecting a city 40 miles away as my location. GPS lock/google maps/data connection etc. are all working normally. I did not have this problem with the stock 6.1 rom or any of the custom roms I have used.

Anyone else having a similar problem with this rom? Any ideas?
Old 01-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Ok my 2 cents worth. I installed the stock rom.. You think they would have paid attention to works here.
1. clock would flip 2 hrs forward everytime you came back to home screen
2. GPS sucks A$$. Never got it right
3. sluggish as all get out!
4.Didnt fix the end X, you still keep bring up the task bar cause the X is small as you know what.
5. Verizon still has my IMSI pointed to a dam nextel cell number ( noticed i have Video data when I havent sent any video's.)
6.stipped the sense 2.1 like mad. geezee you get better 2.1 from a custom rom.
so much for excitement. Only way I will use it if SPB gives me my registration number for SPB Shell like they said they would cause otherwise. their new rom is useless
7. still havent fixed the data stuff. Data opens counted 6 people at once jumping on this dam thing. I already contacted their department on this issue. said ti was hardware. Bullshyt software turns on hardware doesnt open on its own. and pointing to another phone number on a nextel phone?

I havent bothered to list everything. But knowing that they have their own tech department to fix what needed fixed & didn't is pretty sad.

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor

For those who asked earlier, here are some screen shots of a few of the things that have noticeably changed. Well, okay, maybe the NFL app doesn't have anything to do with it :

Old 01-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

touchpro6601 is a n00b

will this new radio work on my verizon touch pro 1?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:06 PM
VIP Member

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

are you guys getting weather animations on the whole screen? if so could someone post a screen? i only flashed to get the new radio but while i was on the stock 6.5 from verizon i tried to go to start, then hit the home screen icon like i've always done on mighty rom which would start the weather animations but they never took over the home screen on the verizon 6.5 rom

are these animations confirmed to be in the verizon 6.5 rom? if so how do you initiate them?

i didnt have enough time to play around with it as i flashed back to the latest mighty rom with the new radio
Old 01-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The weather animations only work with the stock background. Everyone is complaining about the gps. It works perfectly with this rom so you must be having others issues.

1. Has anyone found a transparent slider that works with the rom.
2. I agree with others the my location seems to be off. It must be getting cell tower location and not gps because I am not in the city listed.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:21 PM
N00b

RecTorum is just getting started

Got the 6.5 stock installed, and what I noticed right away was that now I don't get ANY errors when deleting messages on Visual Voice Mail. Also, when using Kinoma player I get to see thumbnails, something it did not work before with custom roms. I am staying with Stock Rom for now. I am not using Sense, installed SPB Mobile Shell.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

riot1031 is a n00b

I went ahead and updated, and now my volume buttons aren't working! Anyone know a fix for this? Thanks!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

BeefJerky is becoming a great contributor

@riot1031 - My volume buttons work fine. Did you try a hard reset after you installed the updated firmware?

@all - I did notice one issue with this firmware that I did not have with 6.1. It happens when I go to the text message tab, select all messages, and go into a thread with a lot of messages. When I touch OK to go back to the previous screen it will immediately show the screen, but it will be frozen for anywhere from 10-30 seconds.

This does not happen when I go into a thread without a lot a messages, nor did it ever happen with WM6.1. It also only seems to happen the first time I go into that particular thread, until I exit and re-enter SMS/MMS. On the other hand, if I open a different large thread and hit OK, it will have the same freeze issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2