PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc426 View Post
It seems the full screen weather bugs out at some point after running perhaps too many times. Is there a limit on the # of times it plays or is it bugging out when I try to do other things while it is animating. at some point the clock flips only and the full screen weather no longer animates, anyone have any idea how this works? I have to either restart the device or reload htc sense.
Weather animation only works on the default background this might be your problem
Old 01-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Wondering how many think this upgrade to be "not quite ready for prime time". To me it seems sluggish and not an improvement at all. That said how do you find the cooked roms that are utilizing this new rom as a base for their builds. I can't quite figure out why, but I find those roms to be somewhat inferior to the older versions that used different kernels. They seem more sluggish and bogged down than ever, numerous issues and freeze ups, much the same as the oem upgrade. Hmmmm... The NRG phoenix utilizing 6.5.3 was more responsive than this new so called upgrade.
Just wondering what everybody else's thoughts were.
I've gone back to 6.1 for awhile to kinda let my tp2 reformat itself, shake off any old rom remnants, and I'm pretty amazed at how snappy it is. Yeah, there's no weather on the home screen. Don't care about that. It's running great, fast and no freeze ups.

Last edited by cbreze; 01-11-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

6.5 runs great for me. No problems yet
Old 01-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Verizon

CA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good workCA3SAR is keeping up the good work

After installing mult cabs i find this running better then mighty rom.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Since Verizon hasn't put it on their website yet, I'm kind of wondering if they're still tweaking the final version.

Has anyone been keeping up with whether or not they're changing the built number on 6.5 from the link in the first post?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Mr. Chevy

The weather on my home screen doesn't always list the correct city. It lists small township many times instead of the city I am in. Is there a way to tweak this? I have found conflicting info. Does this my location use gps or cell tower location? My guess is ap address since I get a different city if connected by activesync or verizon data connection

I also can not get the resproxy to stay at 0 after a reset. I disabled the htc_cm file but that was no help.

Last edited by drewcam888; 01-11-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: OC DROID!!! & Touch Pro 2

AMCYA is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Verizon Win6.5 out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA3SAR View Post
use this
Quote:
Originally Posted by constitutionalist View Post
I believe HD Tweak has an option to have it auto-lock when the screen is turned off. I haven't tried it, though, so can't verify it works on 6.5.
thanks! works great on 6.5! No more pocket dialing!!

I also found out that when I unlock the screen it runs the weather animation!!! So I dont have to press the taskbar icon anymore!!! Thanks Again!!!!

Last edited by AMCYA; 01-11-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Anyone know if the background image for the stock WM6.5 Lock screen can be modified?

Couple of things I would like to do with the background pic on the stock wm6.5 lock screen:

1. User defined Image
2. Add weather icon to it.

I know that S2U2 allows this but I perfer the WM6.5 lock screen to the S2U2. Tried it on WM6.1 and had bad battery issues with it.
Thanks.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 01-11-2010, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 now imagio until the next one
Carrier: verizon

moc426 is becoming a great contributor

No the weather animates, it just bugs out sometimes. I also have it working on any background with a cab listed earlier in this thread. Try loading bubble breaker and then hold down on x and release so it closes, then hit the task manager drop down, once it folds back up it will not animate weather anymore. It messed up once for me as well when I updated quickgps and used google maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Weather animation only works on the default background this might be your problem
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Mr. Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
I know that S2U2 allows this but I perfer the WM6.5 lock screen to the S2U2. Tried it on WM6.1 and had bad battery issues with it.
Thanks.
There are no battery issues with the current version of s2u2. I use it with no problems

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2