PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Fix/Workaround for 2016 Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but I have searched this entire thread and can't figure out what the difference between USC and USCC is????

There are 2 rilphone cab's on the first page.

Am I to assume for a stock Sprint ROM that I can apply the official fix OR just the Ziggy471 61 Rilphone.cab?

And can I also assume that the USCC Rilphone.cab is for custom 6.5 ROM's???

Do I still need the Ziggy 2016 Fix.cab with the rilphone cab or is that optional now?

I'm so confused.
The difference between the USC and USCC are that someone can't seem to get that second 'C' to show up. lol

The one you need is the 6.1 RilPhone cab, it's directly from the Stock Sprint Upgrade, or you could just apply the Sprint patch. You do not need the 2016 patch, that sets registry keys that aren't needed if the rilphone works.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy471 View Post
The difference between the USC and USCC are that someone can't seem to get that second 'C' to show up. lol

The one you need is the 6.1 RilPhone cab, it's directly from the Stock Sprint Upgrade, or you could just apply the Sprint patch. You do not need the 2016 patch, that sets registry keys that aren't needed if the rilphone works.

Z
If I load a 6.5 ROM on my phone this weekend, which one do I use?

Thanks given!
Old 03-13-2010, 02:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

teddymen is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by javulticat View Post
Has anyone tried this fix on a Custom ROM TP2?
Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM
BurntMilk101

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I know a TON of people have Custom ROMS, but if you are using the original ROM HTC has released a fix for it.
I can confirm that it works on the stock 6.1 ROM.

This was taken directly from HTC's site, sorry if this has already been posted. I didn't see it anywhere in my search of this thread!
Attached Files
File Type: cab TouchPro22016Patch1.21[1].cab (631.4 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

drtrell is a n00b

so if i understand correctly, there is NO current fix for WM6.0 sprint users...am i correct? i tried the recv time registry entry, and when i do that the received texts do not go to my inbox...they just disappear.

edit...ok they arent disappearing...the program that changes the date from 16 back to 10 on existing messages worked on my phone up to messages received on 2/28...then it errored out. so the messages i was getting efter doing the reg fix were labelled as 2010, so they were going under the messages that still said 2016. so they are there.

now can anyone answer as to why i cannot overwrite rilphone.dll? why is it read only, and how can i change the attribute? and if i use the new rilphone.dll, will it screw my phone up since i am using WM6.0 with a sprint mogul? thanks in advance.

edit 2...it sounds like i can brick my phone if i were able to copy the rilphone.dll because there isnt one for wm6.0, only wm6.1 and wm6.5...is that right?

Last edited by drtrell; 03-27-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (6800)

FlyingShawn is a n00b

Ziggy's Excel method isn't working for me to fix the messages that already have a 2016 date (running a Sprint Mogul stock ROM, so I used the HTC official fix instead of Ziggy's workaround to correctly date new messages). For some reason, when I'd try to save the file in Excel it would mess it up (never figured out how, but PIM Backup would try to read it forever and never get anywhere), but I was able to workout a fix using Notepad instead:

1) Extract the .csm per Ziggy's instructions (to save time, I only backed up the text messages in that .pib and backed up everything else in another backup)
2) Open it in Notepad instead of Excel
3) Do a Find & Replace to change all 2016's to 2010
4) Save it using Unicode Text (it might have given the file a .txt extension, I don't remember, but if it did I just renamed it to .csm)
5) Upload it back to the phone and restore using PPC PIM Backup (don't bother putting it back into the .pib, PIM Backup can restore directly from the .csm file)

Hope this helps if anyone else is having problems using Excel to fix old messages!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

Addicted23 is a n00b

Ugghhh, I can't wait until my contract is up in November/December so I can ditch this Touch Pro and never have to deal with another windows phone again.

42 pages? Seriously? For something that shouldn't be a problem to begin with.

I am running into the same problems with the 2016 date.

I'm sure this whining post will annoy some people, but I'm just speaking from the average user's perspective. Nobody wants to (or should have to) deal with this 2016 (and other) fixes. Windows is quickly chasing away people. They lost me.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

Addicted23 is a n00b

And I'll add that I deleted all my 2016 files and downloaded and installed the CorrectSMSDate.zip file and I still have the 2016 problem. Maybe I downloaded the wrong file. Maybe there is more I need to do. I don't know. I'm not searching through 42 pages to see what to do. It's an annoyance I can live with I guess. Just 7 more months to freedom.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Orange
Carrier: Orange

Speedy133 is a n00b

because the theory is that its on the server side. and i mean it worked 24 hours ago why would all of a sudden the date be wrong?

Touch Pro 2 Digitizer pending replacement =D>
Old 06-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

exquisite21 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to exquisite21 Send a message via Yahoo to exquisite21 Send a message via Skype™ to exquisite21

This problem is ridiculous. I installed newest version of MightyROM and then the 2016 "fix". It seemed to work for a little while, until I installed a registry editor....now, even if I uninstall the fix and reinstall it, it has no effect whatsoever. Ughhhhh!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
2016 y2k