PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

reyrey127 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to clean the entire stock screen protector??

this was a post from pjninja...

for those of you who want to remove fingerprints and dust off of the sticky side:
1)take a piece of tape ( i use electrical), all you need is a tiny piece so you know which side is sticky and which isnt, put the piece on the NON sticky side
2)take some hand/dish soap (i find hand soap works best for this since its not as soapy) and put a few drops on the sticky side and use your fingers to rub the soap on really well
3) run the screen protector under warm water (not hot, just warm to the touch) let the water remove the soap, dont touch it! if you used hand soap this will work very fast and very well
4)apply the screen protector to the screen making sure the side with the tape is on top (its hard to tell which side is sticky when its wet and your fingers are wet, so this is where the tape comes in handy)

the soap will not remove the sticky stuff on the screen protector so dont be afraid to use more if you have to

if you use soap in the water like the instructions tell you to, only use about 1-2 drops of soap per cup of water, this is all it takes and using more will only make it worse
and also, NEVER use alcohol on the screen protector or the actual screen, it can damage them. soap and water will clean it perfectly without damaging anything.

personally, instead of dipping the screen protector in the soap+water solution, i like to mix up the soap and water solution in a cup and use a syringe (without a needle, just the bare plastic tip). hold the syringe like a pen and "dot" the screen(not the screen protector) with the solution and apply the screen protector. this way you dont use too much of the solution and you get better results since it dries faster and clearer without any haze/film between the screen and screen protector.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mtnmedic is just getting started

I like reyrey's procedure. However, there's just NO getting around all the tiny little specks of crap and fine hair that the sticky side of the protector seems to attract like an oversized car magnet to tacks.

It WOULD be nice if HTC just put these protectors on at the plant in the first place, given that their facilities are CLEAN, practically sterile in some of the assembly areas. Then, if a customer doesn't want the screen protector, he/she can just remove it. But I don't see too many people NOT using screen protectors, particularly since the screen is by far the most important and expensive component of any modern phone, especially smartphones and pocket PC type phones.

Of course, that's wishful thinking as it makes too much sense.

"No...but if we think fast enough, we just might live to lie about it."
Old 01-02-2010, 05:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 6
Carrier: Super Sprint

Da1stIG is a n00b

why dont you ebay some i found like 10 for $4

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2