PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Almost Here)
Carrier: Sprint

reyrey127 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to clean the entire stock screen protector??

I think the title is self explanatory...

It collected alot of dust on the sticky side.. how do I clean it properly without having to buy another...

THanks..

CHEERS!!
Old 01-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: How to clean the entire stock screen protector??

Take it off, run it under warm water and gently rub it with your hands or a alcohol wipe then let it sit for a little while. Google it if you want to also.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work

I've had this problem before. I'd like to find out where one could purchase the stock HTC screen protectors. it works great , has a good natural feel . but does scratch fairly easily
Old 01-02-2010, 12:13 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Best way is to get a bowl of warm water and put a drop or two of dish washing soap. drip the screen protector in it and gently rub all the gunk off then you can shake some of the soap water off and put it back on the screen. use a credit card wrapped in a soft cloth to push out the water on the sides of the screen and dont worry about any "foggy looking stuff" it dries out in a day or 2 and the screen will look perfect.

Remember to take the battery out before doing this and to take a small piece of paper and tap over the moisture sensor inside the phone.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2>Epic4g>?
Carrier: sprint

rastarob619 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by japper88 View Post
Best way is to get a bowl of warm water and put a drop or two of dish washing soap. drip the screen protector in it and gently rub all the gunk off then you can shake some of the soap water off and put it back on the screen. use a credit card wrapped in a soft cloth to push out the water on the sides of the screen and dont worry about any "foggy looking stuff" it dries out in a day or 2 and the screen will look perfect.

Remember to take the battery out before doing this and to take a small piece of paper and tap over the moisture sensor inside the phone.
i gotta try that mine has gotten all gunked up from who knows where
Old 01-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Water and phones don't mix, I don't care what anybody says. Zagg stands by there product that it doesn't harm the phone, but soapy water and electronics don't mix. If it was a non corosive solution and didn't harm electronics I might think about it...but for now I will stick with my stock screen protector.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:01 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I feel cheated, I did not get a screen protector with my TP2, I have to go to the flea market to get one here in Florida, they put them on too and do an excellent job. The Sprint stores here don't carry nothing so my only other choice is the flea market.

EDIT: I pulled out the original box and opened the plastic bag with all the reading guides in it and I now am screen protected. Learn something new all the time.

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 01-02-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Water and phones don't mix, I don't care what anybody says. Zagg stands by there product that it doesn't harm the phone, but soapy water and electronics don't mix. If it was a non corosive solution and didn't harm electronics I might think about it...but for now I will stick with my stock screen protector.
While I agree with your points, assuming that one doesn't dunk their phone underwater in the effort to apply a screen protector and just uses plain common sense applying a screen protector using a film of soapy water is not a difficult process. A little care and understanding goes a long ways...
Old 01-02-2010, 01:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I do the soapy water method with every screen protector, and my phone is no worse for the wear. As long as you don't put it on there sopping wet, you'll be fine.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 01-02-2010, 01:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

I would not use alcohol on the sticky side that's for sure.

Get a wide roll of packing tape and tape sticky to sticky side completely covering it.

Clean the phone screen with lint free cloth.

Then peel off the tape, it will pull the lint etc. off. You can do it couple times.

Reapply it to phone now using wet or dry method.

If you have had lint jammed under it for while, you will need a new one. Cleaning won't usually last long and corner will lift and get lint under it again quickly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2