PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a official 6.5 update for touch pro 2 for sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
The Touch Pro 2 has had a WM 6.5 upgrade for a while now. It's Sprint that is holding out on us, not HTC. Heck, the AT&T and US Cellular versions of the Touch Pro 2 shipped with WM 6.5.
this is true, but according to windowsphone.com, the 6.5 update will come from htc's website, not sprints. sprint has 6.5 on the samsung intrepid, but htc has yet to release it or the 2.0 upgrade for the hero.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche' View Post
I understand what you're saying, but not all of is even use custom
ROMs. I get my TP2 next week, and I probably won't use any. I have no idea how to, and I wouldn't know which one to use. I'm always afraid that it will screw up my phone. I know, I'm not very educated when it comes to ROMs. Sorry. LoL

Actually, maybe someone could point me to a thread explaining ROMs and how they work...how to use them.

-B
Well installing a custom ROM on the Touch Pro 2 is probably easier than any other phone.

First, install; the hspl. It's as simple as connecting your phone to your computer, making sure active sync is connected, and then running the app. You can get it and read about it here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93252
There is a step by step instruction in the first post of that thread, with a link to download it in step 1.

After you have that installed on your phone, then you install whatever ROM you want from here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

The process to install a ROM is the same as the hspl. You download whatever ROM you want, make sure your phone is connected to active sync (or Windows Mobile Device Manager) and run the app.

Once you install the hspl, you never need to do it again. You can just download and install whatever ROM you want from that point on.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
this is true, but according to windowsphone.com, the 6.5 update will come from htc's website, not sprints. sprint has 6.5 on the samsung intrepid, but htc has yet to release it or the 2.0 upgrade for the hero.
Again, HTC released the WM 6.5 to Sprint months ago. Sprint is the one holding out on releasing it to us. No matter which website you download it from, it is Sprint that gives the okay to make it public. HTC already gave their okay when they released it to Sprint in the first place. Both Sprint and HTC will tell you this if you contact the right people.

It works like this:
1: HTC releases ROM to Sprint.
2: Sprint tests and tweaks ROM to their liking and gives it back to HTC.
3: HTC puts it on their website. Sprint probably puts it on theirs too at the same time.

We have been in stage 2 for months now. If you want to be mad at somebody about this, it's Sprint who you should be mad at. HTC has done their part, but they're waiting on Sprint at this point.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: Verizon

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work

HTC + Sprint = SUCKS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennysangel View Post
HTC + Sprint = SUCKS
there you go! +1, bottom line is we don't have an official release yet and it keeps getting pushed back.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Raheinm

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Just take note.. the samsung intrepid is a very basic 6.5 phone. and I'd be pretty pi$$ed if sprint put the software bundle on the tp2.. so I rather them take there time and get it right.( measure twice, cut once)
Old 12-28-2009, 12:12 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheinm View Post
Just take note.. the samsung intrepid is a very basic 6.5 phone. and I'd be pretty pi$$ed if sprint put the software bundle on the tp2.. so I rather them take there time and get it right.( measure twice, cut once)
Yeah but again, 2 carriers in the USA actually had their Touch Pro 2's ship with WM 6.5 out of the box- AT&T and US Cellular.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheinm View Post
I generally support this policy also, but... I can't help but think, "They're still gonna cut their finger.. you know they will."
Old 12-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

I would much rather Sprint take there time getting things somewhat right on the 6.5 ROM. You have to relize that Sprint and Verizon TP2's are Global Phone, as the T-Mobile and At&T versions are not. This could play into why 6.5 hasnt been released on these two carriers. I personally think carriers should take users ideas and put them into these releases instead of doing what they want and making the customer use there ROM the way they made it. People can be pissed all they want...it's not going to change anything...and there could be legidement reasons why they are holding off...but from what I have seen on Microsoft's website is that 6.5 is supposed to be released Dec 09/Jan 2010...which is this upcoming month. So hold on and wait patiently...it will come.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

It's actually better that Sprint Released it as an update for Chefs than if it was Shipped on it. It's easier/cleaner to work with using an update than it is dumping a ROM from a phone.

It's also nice we can flash back to stock 6.5 is we want to.

Although even shipped ROMs seem to be leaked now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2