PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 02:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is there a official 6.5 update for touch pro 2 for sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
I would much rather Sprint take there time getting things somewhat right on the 6.5 ROM. You have to relize that Sprint and Verizon TP2's are Global Phone, as the T-Mobile and At&T versions are not. This could play into why 6.5 hasnt been released on these two carriers. I personally think carriers should take users ideas and put them into these releases instead of doing what they want and making the customer use there ROM the way they made it. People can be pissed all they want...it's not going to change anything...and there could be legidement reasons why they are holding off...but from what I have seen on Microsoft's website is that 6.5 is supposed to be released Dec 09/Jan 2010...which is this upcoming month. So hold on and wait patiently...it will come.
Actually, T-Mobile and AT&T's ARE global phones. They both have the European frequencies in them. They do not have the CDMA that Sprint's does though.

The US Cellular, however, is identical to the Sprint version. It has the CDMA, and the GSM, exactly like Sprint's. And it shipped with WM 6.5 out of the box...
Old 12-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

SaltyDawg - This is true is some respects...since overseas they use GSM...but what I meant by global is that Sprints and Verizon's phone are able to do CDMA/GSM and the others are only GSM. Sprint uses the 7600a hybrid Processor while others only use the 7200 series processor...thats my only guess...but I could be mistaken on why they are waiting to release the new ROM....either way atleast Microsoft has some litarature on when it might possibly be released.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Yeah but again, 2 carriers in the USA actually had their Touch Pro 2's ship with WM 6.5 out of the box- AT&T and US Cellular.

And if I am not mistaken.... they released their TP2's AFTER WinMob 6.5 was released. Whereas Sprint released the TP2 before any other carrier (before 6.5 was out).
Old 12-29-2009, 03:43 AM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
SaltyDawg - This is true is some respects...since overseas they use GSM...but what I meant by global is that Sprints and Verizon's phone are able to do CDMA/GSM and the others are only GSM. Sprint uses the 7600a hybrid Processor while others only use the 7200 series processor...thats my only guess...but I could be mistaken on why they are waiting to release the new ROM....either way atleast Microsoft has some litarature on when it might possibly be released.
Uh, no. The US Cellular Touch Pro 2 is identical to the Sprint version. It is the same CDMA version with GSM world mode. And theirs shipped with WM 6.5 out of the box.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:45 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0011j View Post
And if I am not mistaken.... they released their TP2's AFTER WinMob 6.5 was released. Whereas Sprint released the TP2 before any other carrier (before 6.5 was out).
Yes, they released theirs after. Sprint was not the first to release it though, T-Mobile had it before Sprint.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:12 PM
proimageprints

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Uh, no. The US Cellular Touch Pro 2 is identical to the Sprint version. It is the same CDMA version with GSM world mode. And theirs shipped with WM 6.5 out of the box.

If it is identical, then could Sprint and VZW devices run their ROM?

Last edited by proimageprints; 01-03-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proimageprints View Post
It it is identical, then could Sprint and VZW devices run their ROM?
Most of the cooked ROMs we have here are based off of that particular ROM.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:07 AM
proimageprints

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Most of the cooked ROMs we have here are based off of that particular ROM.
Yeah, I kinda figured that after doing a little more searchin around.

Has anyone heard anything about a Verizon official update to 6.5?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by proimageprints View Post
Yeah, I kinda figured that after doing a little more searchin around.

Has anyone heard anything about a Verizon official update to 6.5?
All anyone knows is it is suppose to come out this month sometime. Just check here:VERIZON: http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...zon/downloads/
SPRINT: http://www.htc.com/us/support/touch-...int/downloads/

BOO B)
Old 01-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

snail3434 is a n00b

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, but not all of is even use custom
ROMs. I get my TP2 next week, and I probably won't use any. I have no idea how to, and I wouldn't know which one to use. I'm always afraid that it will screw up my phone. I know, I'm not very educated when it comes to ROMs. Sorry. LoL

Actually, maybe someone could point me to a thread explaining ROMs and how they work...how to use them.
I agree with this I want 6.5 but have no idea how to find it or install it I have no choice but to wait I would be the one to brick a phone lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2