PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 10:03 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: anti-virus for tp2 & status bar on phone

Simple answer you do not need it...I have never heard of anyone getting a virus on thier phone...
Old 12-19-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks everyone who replied to my question(s). i was seeing on the internet for av smartphones and i wanted really wanted to get everyone's take if they use on on their phone. and the answer i got was a resounding no...LOL.

have a great weekend everyon!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 12-19-2009, 02:28 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Yes and no. Yes a hard reset will fix the infected phone, but no it would not fix anything...if you synced the infected file to your PC...and for some bizarre reason you had no AV on the PC...you've just potentially infected your PC. Same goes for e-mail.

We have to use Trend Micro PocketPC with our company phones. It does not seem to degrade performance much, if at all. I've forgotten to reinstall it occassionally after a flash and not really noticed any difference.
i stand by my statement, dont worry about a virus on a phone and if there was a hard reset would fix it.. if not that a flash would...... but Ive never heard of a person with a infected phone.......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate, Samsung Galaxy Tab
Carrier: Rogers

wraith79 is keeping up the good workwraith79 is keeping up the good work

But it always good to scan just to be on the safe side. With the new mobile viruses that are coming out, first hit the iPhone and on wmpoweruser.com they had mentioned a virus that causing charges to your phone by-way of premium text messages. In any case, I'm using ESET Anti-virus Mobile for PDA's: http://www.eset.com/products/mobileantivirus.php
Check it out, its pretty good, I've been using it for a while!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
im aware that the sensor turns the screen off when you have the phone against your ear. any idea then why some programs open up by their own? it always opens the owner info screen, calendar and programs folder. it doesnt do it often...i'd say at least once every few days. and like i said in my original post, it somehow happens when im talking on the phone because when i close the phone screen, that's when all these screens are open all at the same time.
i've had the issue with the screen turning on during a phone call, turning off the auto adjusting light sensor seems to work for me. just set it to a brightness value and leave it at that. as for relocating the start menu, the only way i know of getting a start menu at the bottom is by running a 6.5.x rom. not a 6.5 or 6.1 because those are still located at the top left....

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller
Old 12-20-2009, 06:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II (WM6.5, MR2), Nokia 2630, Nokia 1661
Carrier: Verizon, Vodafone, T-Mobile

constitutionalist is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0s View Post
i've had the issue with the screen turning on during a phone call, turning off the auto adjusting light sensor seems to work for me. just set it to a brightness value and leave it at that. as for relocating the start menu, the only way i know of getting a start menu at the bottom is by running a 6.5.x rom. not a 6.5 or 6.1 because those are still located at the top left....
Ditto that last remark. From what I understand, 6.5.3 is the first iteration with a bottom Start Menu (which I kinda like).

As for AV, it's still pretty rare to find PPC viruses out in the wild and I'm not sure any potential performance degradation right now is worth installing AV, especially in the space-hobbled TP2s. That said, were you to pick up some sort of malware on your phone, having AV on your phone or computer (should you sync) is no guarantee you'll be safe, as most security software will have a hole here or there. Of course AV isn't a bad thing, but following best practicies is also key.

Re: Trend Micro - ah, I remember the days when that was a top-notch AV. How the mighty have fallen.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hi everyone...thanks for all the input. i really do appreciate it a lot!!
Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-mobile

rorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrorytmeadows is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

They make Spybot Search and Destroy for mobile...
Old 12-22-2009, 12:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

JasonL is just getting started

I had Norton smartphone on my xv6800 a couple years ago. never renewed it. Never found anything in its scans then.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Yes and no. Yes a hard reset will fix the infected phone, but no it would not fix anything...if you synced the infected file to your PC...and for some bizarre reason you had no AV on the PC...you've just potentially infected your PC. Same goes for e-mail
Now you're talking about a PC, not a phone. So yes, a hard reset will fix anything wrong with your phone, which is what this discussion is about

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
status bar, tp2 antivirus